Re:(Brad)RPGs as Criminal Tools ^_^

to ranma@ML.usagi.org
from Ronald Spillman <ron@netset.com>
subject Re:(Brad)RPGs as Criminal Tools ^_^
date Sun, 07 Jan 2001 03:15:27 -0500

> From: Brad Clark <bradster@iglou.com>
>

> For some reason, this makes me think of my theory that RPGs teach young
> people that it's OK to break into someone's house to steal their stuff if
> they can get away with it.  I mean, really, how many of them do you not go
> into every house possible and check every closet, drawer, cabinet,
> etc?  Most of the houses are usually deserted anyway, for some reason.

(Seems I haven't posted for awhile (Thank goodness the Christmas season is over)).

In the Sega CD version of Lunar:Eternal Blue (WD version), there is a house in one

of the cities (I forget which one) where the mayor of the town lives. There is a
treasure
chest in plain view, like in many of the places of the game. However, if you try
and
open it, the mayor discovers you and you get busted. And in Zelda:Link's Awakening,

(Action RPG in this case), there is a trick to getting in the store and stealing an

item.
However, when you get out the door with it, then the game says, "Well, you got
something
without paying for it. Aren't you proud of yourself?" Go in the shop again, the
owner
blasts you to one hit of dying, and your name gets changed to Thief, which you will

be
referred to til' the end of the game. (Right now, I am playing thru the PSX WD
version
of Lunar:Eternal Blue (got the Ghaleon puppet ^_^). Some fine bromides here (Just

got
3 so far: Lucia 1, Jean 2, and just picked up Jessica). And the hot spring scene is

a hoot.

As usual, this is The Relic, from the outer fringes of the
Reality that is the Ranma ML....

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited