Re: Age of Anime Fans

to ranma@ml.usagi.org
from PookyChan@aol.com
subject Re: Age of Anime Fans
date Thu, 2 Nov 2000 00:54:31 EST
--part1_c3.a9b397b.27325b97_boundary

In a message dated 11/01/2000 11:50:40 PM Central Standard Time,
ami@ML.usagi.org writes:

> Oh... that'd explain why lots of kids like it. I've only seen my
> sister's manga, and it really bothered me that kids in grade three
> could be fans of the anime.

I hear this a lot from anime fans and i really don't understand it.  They
want to spread the joy of anime, so why would you only want a certain age
group cut out?  I honestly don't see anything wrong with young kids liking
anime.  Sure, it means more censoring, but if you're a true fan you'd go buy
the uncensored tapes anyway.  Besides, most anime fans I talk to have loved
anime since they were younger (gotta love the 80s cartoons!!).

PookyChan
Wants to spread the joy of anime to everyone ^.^

--part1_c3.a9b397b.27325b97_boundary

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited