Re: RedDjango

to ranma@ML.usagi.org
from Ronald Spillman <ron@netset.com>
subject Re: RedDjango
date Tue, 05 Sep 2000 21:52:36 -0400

> From: RedDjango113@aol.com
>

> Hello all well I have a few questions to ask:
>
> 1. Is there any other Rumiko Takahashi manga or anime besides ranma that has
> reached the US.

Well, even tho' I am sure you have already gotten answers to this one.....
Virtually all of Takahashi-sensei's work has come over here (some complete,
some unfinished). These would include;
Manga: Ranma 1/2, Urusei Yatsura (or Lum), Maison Ikkoku, One-Pound
Gospel, Inuyasha, The Mermaid Series (The Mermaid series, One Pound
are, while likely unfinished stories, have all published installments reprinted
in the US. Maison Ikkoku has been finished; the others are unfinished).
Of her short story collections, we have;
Rumic World (a 3 (or 2) volume collection of her serious and not so serious
short work; these include The Laughing Target, Fire Tripper, Dust Spot/Wasted
Minds, etc.....)
Rumic Theater (Some serious, some not; these include the collctions P no
Higeki (The Tragedy of P) and One or W.
The only manga that hasn't come out yet is the rest of Ranma, Inuyasha, UY,
and a short story collection (Senmu no Inu), and possibly some assorted
short stories that hasn't been collected yet.
As for the Anime, we have Ranma 1/2 (unfinished) from Viz Video; Maison
Ikkoku (unfinished) from Viz Video; Urusei Yatsura (unfinished) from Animeigo,
One Pound Gospel (one only), Viz Video; Rumik (sic) World (4 volumes):
1. Maris the Choujou(The Supergal); 2: Fire Tripper; 3: The Laughing Target;
4: Mermaid Forest, all 4 from USManga Corps/Central Park Media.
Mermaid's Scar (one only) from Viz Video. So there is indeed quite a bit of
Takahashi to go around.....

> 2. What are the chances of Ranma to ever make it to network television on
> channels like Fox or Cartoon Network?

IMO, no chance at all on network or Fox. There would be too many cuts.
Cartoon Network, possible, but we would see a lot of digitized swimsuits,
and one look at Happosai would probably have 'em screamin' for the exits...^_^

> 3. How cool do U think it would be if someone made a channel that showed
> nothing but Anime and other related programming?

I would certainly subscribe, but as yet, it is debatable whether there are
enough
people to make it pay off.

As usual, this is The Relic, from the outer fringes of the Reality
that is the Ranma ML....
Visit the ol' Relic's websites! (http://www.mynvo.com/homeof_therelic),
or (http://www.angelfire.com/anime2/homeoftherelic). Have decided to go
with selections from Sadamoto Yoshiyuki's art (Much from Nadia, but a couple
from Eva, WoH, and Suzuka 8 hrs.

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited