Slightly OT

to ranma@ML.usagi.org
from Donny Cheng <chengdo@home.com>
subject Slightly OT
date Sun, 11 Jun 2000 21:38:05 -0600
Brad Clark wrote:

> On an almost unrelated note, I also rented 'Chinese Ghost Story'.  Boring
> flick IMO, and hearing the Ocean Group people didn't help much, to tell the
> truth.  Mike Donovan did the main character, and I kept waiting to hear
> "Ranma this is all your fault!" when something went bad.
>
> Shouryu might be interested to know that Nicole Oliver (Key) did the main
> female ghost (Shiu See?) voice, and Tanya Hatcheroff (Key op/eds) did most
> of the vocals for the movie.  One thing that really blew my doors off
> though, was the fact that Scott McNeill (Principal Kuno) did the voice of
> the Demon of Black Mountain, and he sang that theme song *himself*!  (You
> choir people can pick it apart if you wanna, but I was impressed.)

The show seemed okay in Chinese language.  But on the whole, it *was* a
weaker variation of the story compared to the live action movie versions
which are infinitely better IMO.  I would recommend watching those if
you have seen and liked this anime.

--
Anime Fanboy and Fanfiction Writer ^_^
Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Ginza/4537