Re: Don

to ranma@ML.usagi.org
from Ronald Spillman <ron@netset.com>
subject Re: Don
date Fri, 09 Jun 2000 00:42:12 -0400

> From: "Don Wang" <dwang@hmc.edu>
>

> Ron:
> > Ah, haha....Just got thru deleting a couple of posts from a "gentleman"
> > called Dylan Klebold (perhaps anyone has heard of him? Surely
> > the denizens of Hell has by now...); Obviously POed that I would
>
>     Hmmm, I think I may have heard that name somewhere before.  Then again,
> the message boards I go to, people just post by handles 99% of the time.

This particular turd stinks up the gaming groups with his crap. Usually
goes by either someone else's handle/address, or uses a famous (or in-
famous, in this case) name (first I had dealt with him as "Hillary2000",
ironically enough). I could check out what other groups he posts to
via Deja-News, but he isn't worth the effort. I had killfiled him before,
on my older computer, because he consistently uses the same subject
(i.e., Re;Your Post) when he e-mails you, but I guess it slipped my
mind when I did up my newest Frankenstein.

> > from a known (deceased) mass-murderer....Yeh, I'm in a good
> > mood. If a person is judged by the quality of his enemies, then I
> > must be doin' somethin' wrong, 'cause this guy is an idiot...Hah well...
> > I need a better class enemy ^_^.
>
>     You expect too much.  The idiots are all too eager to make an enemy out
> of everyone.

And get very humiliated in the process (I did look for his original post
last night and left my everlasting tag on it ^_<). He won't likely ignore
it, but, this type seems to enjoy hitting themselves upside th' head....

>     I don't think these two games are easily comparable.  They only share
> the world that the story takes place in, and even then it's kind of a
> stretech.  It's a great story in its own right, but the characters, the
> plot, and the atmosphere is about as far from Chrono Trigger as they can go.
> Unlike Chrono Trigger where everything's happy and WAFF, Chrono Cross is
> designed like, well, a darkfic, to borrow a fanfic terminology.  I always
> get the urge to slaughter the bulk of the main female cast after playing the
> game...

I had heard that Toriyama Akira didn't do the designs this time, and that
a considerable amount has changed, but then, Final Fantasy 6 (3) was
a little dark in tone too, and I like it (liked it better using a SNES
than a PSX, but then, FFAnthology is a whole lot easier to find ^_^).
Thanks.

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited