Re: ranma ML 1 hour matome okuri

to <ranma@ML.usagi.org>
from "Jim Lazar" <jimlazar@earthlink.net>
subject Re: ranma ML 1 hour matome okuri
date Wed, 1 Mar 2000 12:36:04 -0800
> From: Yoru-Hikage <yoru@mindspring.com>

>  That reminds me. Has anyone heard anything about the next
> translated Graphic Novel? It seems the last one I've been
> able to find is VGN 14, which was available at AX '99 and
> subsequently made public in August '99. 2 GNs a year just doesn't
> cut it, especially since they seem to get thinner and thinner
> each time. VGN 1 is practically twice as long as VGN 14. @_@

Ranma GN #15 is due in May with IY#6 and the Last MI GN.

>  And as for the DVD, they're not only overcharging and underreleasing,
> they're region-encoding for USA-only play. Bah!

Well, CPM is the only US anime company I know of that isn't region coding
their DVDs unless they are required to by their licensors (apparently CPM's
president hates region coding).

The rest of them are either bound by contracts/licenses to use the region
coding or just don't care. Pioneer does do many of their discs in regions 1
and 4, since I think their US branch covers the whole americas for
distribution.

>  Viz has, of late, fallen quite far in my opinion.

They were never that high to start. :)

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited