Re: Shadow

to ranma@ML.usagi.org
from Ronald Spillman <ron@netset.com>
subject Re: Shadow
date Sat, 01 Jan 2000 21:22:49 -0500

> From: Shadow6865@aol.com
>

>             I'd hate to say this but it's good to see that I was not the only
> person who did not do anything special on New Year's Eve. The last time I
> remember having plan's for New Year's was when I was in the first grade and
> that was 13 years ago.

When I was in first grade, the first guys on the Moon had came back a few
months before ^_^. Seriously, other than watching everyone else
have a good time via CNN, and being on-line, all I did was sit and
vegitate ^_<.

>  Anyway, I
> wonder how many Christains are dissapointed that Christ did not come back and
> start the Apocalypse.

Where in the Bible did it say that Jesus was going to come back on
01/01/2000? That is what I would have liked to have asked a few
of these people who bought into that (as a Christian, I know
that in my Bible, it makes reference to "not even the angels
in Heaven know of the date of Jesus' return", so why would
a bunch of lunatics know better than the angels (not the Eva
ones ^_^)? After all, people apparently had enough trouble
trying to figure when the 3rd Millenium AD started (it's 2001
folks). I instead wonder about these people who, following
the Soldier of Fiction magazine, firmly believed that Clinton
was going to declare martial law as a pretext to starting the
"New World Order-buzzword to One-World Government"
nonsense, now that they have all this survival stuff they paid
good money to use, now that they won't have to use it (except
for the Wind-up Radios they were selling at Wal-Mart; that
would be excellent for use in camping or something...)

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs