Re:Wizard and Q-Mark

to ranma@ML.usagi.org
from Ronald Spillman <ron@netset.com>
subject Re:Wizard and Q-Mark
date Sat, 06 Nov 1999 23:17:10 -0800

> From: Wizard3576@aol.com
>

> then how come Nausicaa was here a few years back? Is there possible any place
> that would sell it without disney releasing it? and when on Disney did that
> other anime come out?

That which you are referring to, was probably Warriors of the Wind.
It was released by New World Video in the late 80s. Not the best way
to see it (Names changed, weird dubs and worst of all, hacked up;
ah well, it could have been worse; it could have been Eternity's
Capt. Harlock releases...bleh.) And as for anyone other than Disney
putting it out....well, let's just say, gently, that Disney's pet lawyers would
be on them like flies on a turd. And Kinki's (ahem) Kiki's Delivery
Service was put out about August 1998. They released a dub, and
also a subbed edition (!).

> From: QuestionMark36@aol.com
>

> Shall We Dance?  that cool ballroom-dancing movie with Koji Yakusho?  How was
> that part of the deal?  Or am I talking through my teeth?

I am pretty sure that Shall We Dance? was part of the deal; at least, it
was referred as one of the movies in the deal at the time; My memory
isn't the best, tho'.

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited