Re:Wizard

to ranma@ML.usagi.org
from Ronald Spillman <ron@netset.com>
subject Re:Wizard
date Fri, 05 Nov 1999 23:27:54 -0800

> From: Wizard3576@aol.com
>

> so where can I buy it? and why do you get these vidoes in the mail? So Disney
> took on Japanese Anime cartoons?

Disney got the rights from Studio Ghibli near the end of 1997, I recall.
They seem to be approaching the line a little cautiously, but after
watching Kiki's Delivery Service dubbed by Disney, I have to say
they did a pretty decent job (I also got a subbed version of this).
And having the late, lamented Phil Hartman do Jiji was a master-
stroke. As for Nausicaa, Disney has yet to release it. Kiki was
first (anime-wise; Shall We Dance? was the first film released
under the agreement), followed by Princess Mononoke (Laputa,
under the sub-title Castle in the Sky was to be 2nd, but
Disney  wanted to see how well Kiki did, and so decided on a
theater release). As for how I got the C-ko Perfect Memory tape....
well, I trade for fansubs and odd stuff, and I got this with some
anime music videos I traded for. Nothing official, except it
is from C-ko's Duplication Service, who dupes fansubs for
distribution and occasionally does anime music videos,
parodies and fandub parodies (like the hilarious Koko wa
Otaku and Roadbusted). You should be able to find out more
thru The Anime Web Turnpike (http://www.anipike.com).
under the Fansubbers group.

Search field Search string

archive list