Re:Caroline (Much ado about 'Poo ^_^)

to ranma@ML.usagi.org
from Ronald Spillman <ron@netset.com>
subject Re:Caroline (Much ado about 'Poo ^_^)
date Fri, 01 Oct 1999 01:04:46 -0700

> From: Caroline Seawright <kunoichi@thekeep.org>
>

> The intro was before Shampoo knew anything much about Akane... maybe
> Shampsie is scared of Akane?

Interestingly, 'Poo seems to share this aspect (somewhat) with
Ran from Urusei Yatsura; Ran, tho' is no fighter (at least, not until
she equips those wrist-bracelet power bands of hers...^_^).
Except that the only real time 'Poo takes on Akane is when she
has an opportunity that is out of sight of Ranma (perhaps out
of fear she will totally alienate Ranma if she outright killed Akane
in front of witnesses; the 1st app. don't count since 'Poo didn't
really seem to get a clue about Ranma's feelings for Akane
at that time).

> If only that wall had of knocked Shampoo on the head instead of Ranma, and
> Mousse had of gotten the eggs and taken control of her.

Well, he had his chance (Indecision is a terrible thing....^_^). But, I don't
think that Mousse would have liked a totally subservient 'Poo
in the end, a Stepford 'Poo, if you will ^_<.

> > And if the ever come out with Ranma 1/2 manga in the wide-ban
> > format, I'll get those as the art would be larger, and improved
> > quality.
>
> Maybe one day... maybe...

I wish they would; It only took about 2 years before they did this to
Urusei Yatsura (I started getting the wideban UYs shortly after they finished
the set, and they are durable; I have had them (and re-read them) for
over 9 years....); I wonder if the fact that there isn't anything going on
Ranma related (like OAVs or a new movie) the reason for this?
UY had the occasional OAV and the (then) forthcoming 6th movie
and the last two (wretched) OAVs coming out in 1991, so I wonder
if that had some bearing on the release of the widebans so soon?
Ah well, even tho' I have all the Ranmas, I would like to see the widebans
come out in larger, manageable volumes...

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs