Some replies to Qmark and Kocchi

to ranma@ML.usagi.org
from Yuffie Kisaragi <yuffie@zoomtown.com>
subject Some replies to Qmark and Kocchi
date Mon, 12 Jul 1999 18:39:05 -0400

QMark wrote:

> Some of my favourite 'fics (in loose order):

*snip list*

Does anyone else here like Chasing The Wind?  Maybe I'm the only one, I've never
seen it on anyone else's lists :-)  I love it, lots of action and lots of Ranma and

Akane romance :-)
I just finished Ill Met By Starlight, and I liked it.  I didn't think I would,
because I'm a huge fan of Ranma-kun, but it was so well written, it was believable.

I'm currently reading the Waters Under Earth series.  It's wordy, but good.
My favorite fanfic genre?  I tend to like the longer stories, Hearts of Ice, Chasing

the Wind, Childhood of a Modern Dynasty.  I like Ranma and Akane romance stories
best, yes, I am a sap ;-)

Snapple Gal said:

> >What's everyone else's first Ranma experience?

I was first introduced to Ranma last February, about 5 months ago.  God, has it only

been 5 months??  I was in the bookstore looking for something new to read and my
boyfriend said "Here, try this."  It was GN 1.  He'd never read it either, just
remembered hearing about it.  I was immediatly hooked, and read it all at the
bookstore.  Then I read the only other one they had there, which was GN 11.  I was
little confused :-)  "Who is this Shampoo girl?  Why does Ryoga turn into a pig?"

:-)
Since then, wow.  I've becomed completely obsessed with anime, and even Japan
itself.
I have 20 videos and 10 GN's, I've found other anime's I love, like Slayers,
Inu-Yasha, and Ah! My Goddess!  I love j-pop now, I have a billion cd's.  I went to

Toronto for my vacation to go to an Anime convention!  An 8 hour drive from
Cincinnati and all my vacation time for the year.  And it was worth it.
I'm just too obsessive.

Kocchi said:

> Ranma news: Web Site Number 9 has added a separate "Ranma 1/2" section to
> their MiSTing archives!  Sweet-o!

Wow, that's a huge site.  And they gave Ranma it's own section.  I'm impressed.
Must be a lotta crappy Ranma fanfic's out there ;-)

BTW, I've cowritten a Ranma MSTing if anyone would like to preread it.  Email
privately, thanks.

> Not geeky enough?  Damn, you had me curious!  Er, I meant, I'm not geeky!
> I'm cool!  I spit on your geeky copy of Final Fantasy -- whoa, is that the
> anthology??

LOL.  I didn't fully come to "embrace my geekiness" until about 3 years ago.  Before

that, I kept telling myself I was cool, I was cool.  Now I love it :-)

--
This has been a post by Yuffie Kisaragi.  ICQ: 7994283 To
reach me, please head to the first star to the right, then go

Yuffie's Ranma 1/2 Shrine: http://members.xoom.com/Yuffie_3/html/ranma.html

Anatidaephobia: The fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is
                watching you.

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited