Re: ranma ML 1 hour matome okuri

to Ranma 1/2 ML <ranma@ML.usagi.org>
from teleute <alroth@ucalgary.ca>
subject Re: ranma ML 1 hour matome okuri
date Wed, 2 Jun 1999 02:36:39 -0600 (MDT)
On Wed, 2 Jun 1999 ami@ML.usagi.org wrote:

> So, if you are serious about your Ranma, you will read the manga.  You
> will know the manga better than the anime.  You will know when, where,
> and how the anime is different if you argue from the anime position.  If
> you do not, then you run the definite risk of being shot down painfully
> when you try to use anime in an argument, especially against a vet who
> knows the manga.
>
> That's just the rules.  Break them, and ignore the manga, and you risk
> making a fool of yourself, as well as earning no respect from your peers
> on this mailing list.

I understand that the manga is the final word, but where do you propose
poor college students who have to spend their money on food and an
occasional movie *rental* get all that expensive manga to read?  If anyone
wants to loan it to me, I'd be perfectly willing to read it and use it in
arguments.  As it is, I'll continue to eat and have a roof over my head.
This doesn't mean I like Ranma any less.

-Teleute

 alroth@acs.ucalgary.ca  |  "I finally meet the right guy...I mean,
    teleute00@aol.com    |   Mr. Right...and I've gotta fight him for
 rotha@cpsc.ucalgary.ca  |   the fate of two universes.  Does that