manga vs.anime

to ranma@ML.usagi.org
from Colin Keefe <keefe@ccn.yamanashi.ac.jp>
subject manga vs.anime
date Wed, 2 Jun 1999 13:44:15 +0900
The Newbie Troll (aka Ranma3434) postulates:

> I believe that this belief that if it didn't happen in the manga, it
> doesn't matter is a load of crap.  Truth be told the anime is what got
> more than 50% of Ranma fans interested in Ranma in the first place.
> The anime is different from the manga yeah; but that doesn't mena it
> doesn't matter. IMHO event and people in the anime are as if not more
> important than events and people in the manga.

Do you just exist to make us angry?  Do us all a favor and read the faq.
I may be wrong, but I'm almost certain there's a clause in there about
manga superiority.

Basically, it runs like this.  In instances of differing storylines
between anime and manga, manga is canon.  That means, since you don't
seem to catch it, that manga is correct.  Anime has as much relevance to
an argument in this circumstance as anhydrous substances have to a fish.

So, if you are serious about your Ranma, you will read the manga.  You
will know the manga better than the anime.  You will know when, where,
and how the anime is different if you argue from the anime position.  If
you do not, then you run the definite risk of being shot down painfully
when you try to use anime in an argument, especially against a vet who
knows the manga.

Manga rules supreme.  Manga has the answers.  The manga is correct.
Anyone who holds otherwise is misguided and a fool.

So, learn it.  Any anime-only situation cannot be held in a position of
relevancy.  This is why you will see the entire Kaori Daikoku story in
the anime disregarded as a potential topic in a discussion.  This is why
anytime someone brings up evidence from the movies, they are shot down,
regardless of how the evidence may support the theory.  Fanfiction is
even worse.  _Never_ bring evidence into an argument from fanfiction.

That's just the rules.  Break them, and ignore the manga, and you risk
making a fool of yourself, as well as earning no respect from your peers
on this mailing list.

|  Colin Keefe  |    Worshippers of Shampoo, Equal Opportunity Ecchi   |
|  keefe@ccn.yamanashi.ac.jp  |   www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Ginza/9605   |
|  Dedicated Blood Bowl-er, Space Wolf Commander, Epic and 40K, Anime  |
|  freak, ElfQuest fanatic, Robotech junkie, and Samurai Shodown nut.  |

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs