Re: Age limit/Kenshin

to ranma@ml.usagi.org
from "jimlazar@earthlink.net" <jimlazar@earthlink.net>
subject Re: Age limit/Kenshin
date Mon, 01 Mar 1999 07:04:51 -0800
> From: "The Czarina of Snapple" <kimmeebaby@earthlink.net>
>
> And while I'm at it, a ranma-related question:  What's the deal with
> driving?  Here in America its a pretty big deal to get your license when you
> turn 16.  Why doesn't anyone in Ranma 1/2 drive?  Is the age limit higher?
> And come to think of it, why doesn't anyone drive at all?  You never see any
> cars in the manga or anime, and you certainly dont see Soun or Genma or
> anyone else for that matter driving.  Whats up with that?

I'm not sure, but I think driving age in Japan is 18. Teenagers may be
able to drive scooters or small motorcycles though...

> I already have cried!  -_-;;  I saw the clip, where that annoying american
> narrator said "Samurai X must win the heart of his beautiful girlfriend" and
> i keeled over and started yakking!  And kenshin sounds so . . so .
> .masculine!  And I'm sorry, but Kaoru sounds dumb.  I hate it when things
> get bastardized!   :-\

Well, if Kenshin does come to the US as Samurai X... watch if fail fast.
But I doubt it'll be picked up as Samurai X. Sony's best chance is to get
a US anime company to release it with unedited sub and a new dub.

>>Samurai X was the English dub of Kenshin that showed on Philipino TV. It was
>>an inaccurate translation with name chsnges. Kaori became Corry.
>
> Those damn filipinos!  They get everything wrong!
> Oh!  Did I say that!  Oops!  *-*
> Magkano ang isang kilong baboy?  Okay lang?

Actually, it was dubbed in the US, but not by a company that had done any
anime dubbing before (which explains why it was so bad).0

> Shadow-chan-
>>But
>>calling Kaori, Corry is just plain old horrible.
>
> It kinda makes sense for the philipines though . . .the filipino toungue
> would say "corry" when trying to pronounce "kaori"

Actually, I think Brooklyn accents are evident on some of the voices :)

-=-
Jim Lazar

E-Mail - mailto:jimlazar@earthlink.net
FanFiction - http://home.earthlink.net/~jimlazar/anime
-=-
   "Unit 01, Angel at eleven o'clock."
   "But it's only seven o'clock," Shinji quipped.
   The computer-controlled voice didn't find Shinji's joke funny, so the
AI program inserted ten Angels around Shinji's Unit 01. It didn't take
long for his Eva to be reduced to a pile of scrap metal and flesh.
-=-
Excerpt from Garden of EVA 0:3

Search field Search string

archive list