Re:Uneasy Rider, Part the III (Czarina of Snapple)

to ranma@ML.usagi.org
from Ronald Spillman <ron@netset.com>
subject Re:Uneasy Rider, Part the III (Czarina of Snapple)
date Mon, 01 Mar 1999 03:56:24 -0500

> From: "The Czarina of Snapple" <kimmeebaby@earthlink.net>
>

> And while I'm at it, a ranma-related question:  What's the deal with
> driving?  Here in America its a pretty big deal to get your license when you
> turn 16.  Why doesn't anyone in Ranma 1/2 drive?  Is the age limit higher?
> And come to think of it, why doesn't anyone drive at all?  You never see any
> cars in the manga or anime, and you certainly dont see Soun or Genma or
> anyone else for that matter driving.  Whats up with that?

In Japan, I recall, it is required that when you buy a car, you have to have
proof that you actually have a place to park it. And often, you have to
specially rent a place to park your car when you do get it. I don't know what
the age limit is, but since everything for basic living is within walking distance

of the Dojo, Soun would probably not see the need for a car. Genma is,
in essence, a freeloader, so he most definitely wouldn't have one. And the
way Ranma travels around, he can get to his destinations faster anyway.
Ryoga, well, he'd get lost pullin' out of the driveway. Nabiki would just
con some poor sap into driving her around. Mousse would smash into
the nearest pole, 'cause he wouldn't think he'd look cool enough
drivin' with them HUGE slabs o' glass in front of his eyes, and would
have them off.. Happosai would be a drivin' fool, with cheap
sunglasses, figurin' the car would make him a "babe magnet"...^_^
And Akane? She'd simply ram it into Ranma for calling her a
zundou ONE too many times....

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited