RE: Petition

to "'ranma@ML.usagi.org'" <ranma@ML.usagi.org>
from "Lazar, Jim" <Jim.Lazar@oak.doe.gov>
subject RE: Petition
date Mon, 1 Feb 1999 15:04:00 -0800

------_=_NextPart_001_01BE4E37.2B7710C6

	charset="iso-8859-1"

> From: Brad A Clark <bradster_one@fuse.net>

> Does anyone think that Viz might speed their pace up a bit if we (the
> people of this ML and their Ranma-loving friends) wrote some kind of
> petition expressing our dissatisfaction with things like
> their slow rate of
> release, subtitles lagging behind the dubs by a season, only
> 2 episodes per
> tape, and meager DVD selection?  I'd like to think that they'd be more
> responsive to something like this than they are to requests for their
> catalogs, merchandise orders, etc.  After all, they're only hurting
> themselves if they drive us away by not finishing before 2005 or so...

I'd sign and wouldn't mind adding some suggestions to a petition:

-At least three epsiodes per tape for all TV series (Ranma and MI). $25 for
dub and $30 for sub.

-Release one Ranma tape per month (don't skip a month for the MI release).

-Release one MI tape every two months.

-Release Ranma TV on DVD (3-4 eps per disc-$35) Starting with the 5th season
and then go back and do the early seasons as boxsets.

-Ranma manga releasead bi-monthly, with at least 4 graphic novels per year.

-IY manga released bi-monthly, with at least 4 graphic novels per year.

Just for the record, the Ranma OVA's are going to be put on DVD by the end
of 1999.

------_=_NextPart_001_01BE4E37.2B7710C6

Search field Search string

archive list