Re: Dov's trivia

to ranma@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Christopher Paul Rijk <cpr1@doc.ic.ac.uk>
subject Re: Dov's trivia
date Fri, 1 Sep 1995 18:24:06 +0100
John Chennavasin <chennav@haas.berkeley.edu> wrote:
>On Fri, 1 Sep 1995 DS5877@APPSTATE.bitnet wrote:
>
>> Okay, a harder one.  Someone else asked this one a while back so, if you were
>>  here then, don't answer it:
>> Name one other character by Rumiko Takahashi, whose family name is Saotome,
>>  *other than* Ranma, Genma, or Nodoka.
>
>Saotome, the Puppet Club president (from Maison Ikkoku)

Aww...ya beat me.

BTW according to one of my dictionaries, Saotome means something like a girl
rice-picker (from the paddy fields). It also had the "ran" of Ranma and the
'real' translation of Kasumi (as in, it tied in with what others have said
the world means), but not Akane and Nabiki...though there was an alternative
translation of Nabiki that isn't very flattering, but I forgot what it is...

--
| Dictionary of Alternative Meanings: classic                              |

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs