Tofu, Celtic music+oriental instruments, hidden scenes

to Ranma 1/2 ML <ranma@ML.usagi.org>
from Annette Acosta <acca@alapaap.upm.edu.ph>
subject Tofu, Celtic music+oriental instruments, hidden scenes
date Sun, 1 Nov 1998 07:26:52 +0800 (PHT)
On Sat, 31 Oct 1998 ami@ML.usagi.org wrote:

> But, even if Toufuu looked the same, it doesn't mean that he's old. He's
> not one of those people who went to medical school or university to get
> training as a doctor for years and years. He seems more likely to be a
> traditional medicine doctor who learned from a mentor, probably wile still
> young himself. He might have just come out of high school himself, or be
> old enough to be at university.

I'm not entirely sure how the osteopathic school of medicine works, but I
think I remember reading an explanation someplace that Toufuu had
osteopathic medical training, as opposed to allopathic medicine, which is
the kind of medical school we seem to be most familiar with.  Osteopathic
medicine, I believe, works on the principle of the soundness of the
physical body... I can't really add more, since I didn't even hear about
it till I graduated from regular medical school!  (Btw, that book I was
reading, Junichiro Tanizaki's _The Makioka Sisters_, has quite a number of
appearances by doctors, and they all practice Western-type medicine.  But
the preface does say there is a strong presence of traditional medicine in
Japan that the author does not present.)

> Q:Someone mentioned hidden scenes in ranma 1/2, the anime. I've
> seen(pun unavoidable) the one in the "Faster Kasumi!Kill!Kill!" OAV.
> Anyone know of any more?

Can someone please tell me where it is?  Thank you.

Btw, someone mentioned something about Celtic music sounding great on
Oriental instruments.  The artist Grace Nono seems to blend this very
beautifully, though I don't know that it is actually Celtic music, but the
influence is definitely there, IMHO.

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited