reply to Owain -- on RPing

to ranma@ML.usagi.org
from Yoru-Hikage <yoru@mindspring.com>
subject reply to Owain -- on RPing
date Thu, 30 Apr 1998 21:22:14 -0400
Owain Lawson wrote:
>Yeah, no kidding, that's exactly what I was thinking after I sent that
>post.  I seemed to remember that using chracter names as ML names or
>original characters in RPing was frowned upon...
   As far as I know/can tell, yes, it is. Hence the invention of the
clone. But I covered that already. ^_-

>but having seen that MMBP
>was using Linlin and Ranran, I just assumed (although it occurs to me now
>that I should have thought that thought through) that it was more or less
>acceptable.
  Well, MMBP was wrong using original characters, although it's good
that you at least spoke against it. I just grimaced and scrolled down,
then hit delete.
*turns to MMBPetes*
 Oh, and please come up with some sort of duplicate, ok? We don't want
this thing happening again in the near future.. I hope.

>I didn't actually mean, BTW, that I wanted to use/hire/whatever Kurumi and
>Natsume, I just meant that I didn't want MMBP using them.
 Ah, ok, I misunderstood your meaning there.. I see that your defense was
a perfectly legitimate cause, but your purpose was unclear.

>Sorry about that and all...I'm learning, though. Gomen Nasai.
 It's ok.. Just try to be a little clearer in purpose next time..
Actually, Petes is the one I should be chastising, since he used original
characters. At least it wasn't PowerRP.

-- Yoru-Hikage                     {ICQ UIN: 5590636}
  ** Inanity, for lack of a better word, is good. **
Proprieter, Yoru's Anime Lab, http://www.mindspring.com/~yoru/anime/lab.html
Admin and Writer, The Anime Freeman's Guild
  http://www.mindspring.com/~yoru/anime/lab.html
Member of SAUCE,     <no URL>

Search field Search string

archive list