Corrections/comments (part 1)

from "Kevin Lew -- 'The Lai-Lai Boy'" <kasumi@eden.com>
subject Corrections/comments (part 1)
date Tue, 1 Aug 1995 10:24:24 -0500 (CDT)
> Subject: Re: McDonald's..
> From: Hitoshi Doi <toshi@win.or.jp>
>
> | Anyone? What's the real price of a big mac in Japan? ^_^
>
> 350 yen or so.  I think it's been the same for the last 15 years or so..
> The exchange rate has changed, but the price hasn't.
>
> But since that's so expensive, nobody pays the normal price for them.
> Right now MacDonalds has "value packs" where you get a bigmac, medium
> fries, and medium drink for 500 yen or so.

That's actually pretty comparable to the prices here in the U.S.
Considering that beef has to be imported into Japan, I'd say that a 500
yen value meal is a steal.  I'd like to see tourists eat for cheaper.

==========
> From: Kyle Matsumura <kylemats@hcc.Hawaii.Edu>
> Subject: RE: Liner Notes for the Ranma ML (was RE: Endless Group Replies...)
>
> Are you kidding?  The makers of the Star Trek Series are anime fen
> also!!!  Think! Remember the episode with the Nausicaans. ie Nausicaa and
> the valey of wind.  There's the Enterprise's sister ship the N.C.C.
> Yamato.  One of the elements in one of the episodes was named after a
> manga artist.  And YES, I HAVE talked to Michael Okuda, and he did admit
> to me that I was correct *AHAHAHA*

Did you really ask Mr. Okuda about that Yamato reference?  In all the FAQs
and references that I've seen, they SPECIFICALLY say that the Yamato is NOT
an anime reference.  Go read the FAQ for rec.arts.anime.

==========
> From: Kyle Matsumura <kylemats@hcc.Hawaii.Edu>
> Subject: Re: silly group replies (back by unpopular demand :)
>
> Okay, I say a posting with Ranma "Rules"  #4 was something like the new
> moves are over-used in fanfics, not like the anime/manga.  Can't think of
> a manga example, but in _Desperatly seeking Shampoo_ Ryoga uses the
> eploding point technique at least ten times.  AND they don't show the
> walk home.  so there! :p

I said, quote:
"Only ... fanfiction authors, video games, and the crummy anime [overuse
special attacks].  Techniques are hardly ever "overused" in the manga.  I
think the most that I've ever seen a named technique used (for different
stories) was about three times."

And you referenced yet another crummy anime episode.  (Well, it was okay,
since it had lots of Kasumi in it, but you know what I mean).

I'll say it again.  Go find MORE than three stories where you see Ryouga
use the "bakusaitenketsu" in the manga.  "Story" is defined as a set of
chapters that make up a continuous plot.  So seeing Ryouga use it like 50
times in Volume 6 counts as ONE STORY.

==========
> From: Joseph Torres <JoeT@sanctum.com>
> Subject: Re: Anime Terminology 101 ^_-
>
> >Don't know offhand if "Rakkyousai" is a food item also, but when I walked
> >into a ramen place and saw "Happosai" on the menu, I almost busted out
> >laughing.
>
> I did when I saw the SAKURA Restaraunt in Tampa (was just watching Urusei
> Yatsura that morning)!  wasn't sure if I wanted to go near that place!!!

You are really overanalyzing it.

Uh, Sakura means "cherry".  I sure hope you know how cherry blossoms and
Japan go hand-in-hand.

BAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKA
      Kevin Lew -- "The Lai-Lai Boy"  (Tendou Kasumi no Iinazuke)
   Ranma 1/2 Stupid Help Desk and Other Stupid Spam E-mail Addresses:
               ra1628@email.sps.mot.com  (Special Account)
               kasumi@eden.com           (Normal Account)

Search field Search string

archive list