RE: Liner Notes for the Ranma ML (was RE: Endless Group Replies...)

to ranma@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Joseph Torres <JoeT@sanctum.com>
subject RE: Liner Notes for the Ranma ML (was RE: Endless Group Replies...)
date Mon, 31 Jul 95 22:37:10 PDT
>On Sun, 30 Jul 1995, Joseph Torres wrote:
>
>> I got my friends (MAJOR Star Trek fans) into Urusei Yatsura and Ranma.  I
>> think the crew of our ship (fan club) is the only one in Starfleet to have
>> fallen into some springs in China...  (it may become a Star Trek/anime
club)

>Are you kidding?  The makers of the Star Trek Series are anime fen
>also!!!  Think! Remember the episode with the Nausicaans. ie Nausicaa and
>the valey of wind.  There's the Enterprise's sister ship the N.C.C.
>Yamato.  One of the elements in one of the episodes was named after a
>manga artist.  And YES, I HAVE talked to Michael Okuda, and he did admit
>to me that I was correct *AHAHAHA*

I never even thought of that!  COOL!  Know of any others?  (I thought the
Yamato was a WWII carrier...)

Yeah, my club has gone a bit goofy!  We became Maquis (Star Trek rebels for
the non-trekkers), and now may have Ranma and UY characters crew our 'ship'
(we make up character history for the newsletters/conventions...  With a name
like Torres, I was 1/2 klingon...)

(a Klingon spring???)
|    Joseph "Ensign Expendible" Torres    |
|         E-mail: JoeT@sanctum.com        |
07/31/95           22:37:10
| There is no gravity.... |
| The Earth SUCKS!        |