Re: No Fan Fics posted here.

to ranma@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from "'The Bear --' Frank Ho" <dkshadow@u.washington.edu>
subject Re: No Fan Fics posted here.
date Mon, 31 Jul 1995 16:21:45 -0700 (PDT)
How about posting notices that a fanfic is complete and offering to e-mail
it to interested parties?  It seems to me that has worked out pretty well.

I agree that spamming everyone of the ML with a fanfic posting is not the
way to go.

Frank

On Sun, 30 Jul 1995, Thomas E Cardwell wrote:

> Please, to all the authors of Fan Fics, please do not post your stories to this

> Ranma Mailing List.  I know Kev in in the 6 hour bulk mode and I will also be
> moving to it also in a little while and I hate to have to scroll through 20+K
> of story text to get to the next article.
>
> If you are posting Ranma Fan Fictions, post them to REC.ARTS.ANIME.STORIES where

> there will be seen by everyone and will be archived at ftp.std.edu. They will
> show up on the Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction Archive Home Page within a short while.
>
> I loved most of the Ranma Fan Fics out there but I have no time to read any of
> them due to my hectic work, school, and life.
>
> If you have a Fan Fic that you want people to look at, email them directly.
>
> Sorry to be complaining about it, I trying to say it the nicest way I can.
>
> Thomas E. Cardwell II  (the Typo Man)
>    IBM PS/2 8086, 720K Disk Drive, 14.4 Modem.  -- Almost nothing, but it works.

> Thomas E. Cardwell II (tecardwe@uncc.edu)      [Ranma Nibunnoichi]    (```|
>                                                  __           ,.       ~| |
> President and Founder of:                     ..(  )       __|  |__     | |
> UNC-Charlotte Japanese Anime and Manga Soc.  |  [~~   ."';(___  ___) ____"____
>                                              |   ``'./  / (___  ___)   ...,
> http://www.coe.uncc.edu/~tecardwe/ranma.html `''~'; /   `; ,'~~"*.,  :` ,. `:
> http://www.coe.uncc.edu/~tecardwe/jams.html  {`'-' /  /; ;:  o     ) '.' ,' ;
> --Ranma 1/2 Home Page, UNCC-JAMS Home Page--  *._.*_,' ;  ).__,'`~`    ,' ,'
>                                                         ~~           ,'  '''',
> Selling Natural JHUSENKYO Spring Water from China, Make the "Change"  '''''''

*****   Dark Shadow   *****

The "Supreme God of Documentation White Space" in Dogbert's New Ruling Class.

"Yes, I actually have a TIP patch on my camos."

D'Artagnan - Dark Shadow   |  Live Fast,       | "Have Phantom, Will Travel."
dkshadow@u.washington.edu  |  Shoot Straight,  |
Technical Communications   |  Love Hard,       |             - Bear -
University of Washington   |  Die with         |             Band of the Hand
Seattle, WA  USA           |   your boots on.  |	     TIP#388
*****  CAUTION: Signature file unstable.  *****

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited