Songs and stuff

to ranma@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Arnold Kim <kim5@erols.com>
subject Songs and stuff
date Fri, 31 Oct 1997 18:08:33 -0500
> --- Jesse posted...
>
> << From: Holly <hotaru@Mcs.Net>>>
>
> << 2. The songs. It's bad enough that Viz betrayed my trust and dubbed
> Red Shoe Sunday, and Us After This. But nooooooo....>>
>
> <Both of these songs are sung by DoCo, right?  So it's perfectly
> reasonable (and, I think, proper) for the English versions to be done by
> "DoCo U.S.A.".  I'm a little ambivalent about the Love Panic dub, since
> that *isn't* a DoCo song.  I prefer theme songs to be left in Japanese,
> though I do like the 'sing-a-long-able' lyric translations that Trish
> LeDoux does.>
>
>      If I'm not correct, I think Trish LeDoux did most if not all of the
> Viz translations of not only the songs but the series as well...
> (probably with the help of her own staff, of course)... please correct me
> if I am wrong...

I think you're right...maybe she needs some elp there! I mean, translating
both Ranma and Maison Ikkoku regularly has gotta be tough...

Maybe if she can get some help, we can get our videos back to the once a
month release rate...^_^

>      But I do agree with, Jesse, here... I prefer the songs in the
> original Japanese format, although I do so enjoy some of the English dubs
> (mainly DoCo USA) of the music...   I really liked Us After This.  I am a
> bit partial to Red Shoe Sunday...  It's a little too' cute' for me, but
> still likeable...

Red Shoe Sunday is probably my favorite among the english dubbed songs.  I
like cute.^_^

Arnold Kim
Netscape Communicator is annoying

Search field Search string