Ranma 1/2 Super, SS 30, and other misc. stuff

to ranma@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from "Joshua M. Cole" <Joshua.Cole@asu.edu>
subject Ranma 1/2 Super, SS 30, and other misc. stuff
date Sun, 02 Jul 1995 22:44:06 -0700 (MST)
On Sun, 2 Jul 1995, John Chennavasin wrote:

> While we're on the subject of Ranma 1/2 Super...I saw the first episode
> (well, a pre-screening copy) at Anime Expo. This turned out to be a lot
> better than I expected. Lots of sight gags in this one. Should I give out
> spoilers?

Yeah, that was great, wasn't it!  Can't wait till it comes out domestically
(when is that BTW; wasure-chatta n desu.)  _Lots_ of sight gags, you almost
didn't need to know any Japanese to enjoy it.  However, I'll let you handle
the spoilers for it, John, my Japanese is not good enough yet to get most
of the dialogue (and Ranma's so fast-paced, I basically watched it to enjoy
the animation...)

Great to hear they'll be releasing subs of the OAVs, and eventually LDs.
Hope they turn out well...

Regarding SS 30 -- I just picked it up today.  Going to AX also gave me
the opportunity to visit Little Tokyo, and its Kinokuniya...  What a
ending for the Konatsu arc (Takahashi-sensei seems to enjoy these girls
forced to live as boys and boys forced to live as girls theme; like
someone said earlier, reminded me of UY's Nagisa story from the 5th OAV)...
Question to Xav -- is it true that SS 31 will feature a color Ranma story?
(I thought that's what it said in that little line of text that goes down
the right side of the last page of the Ranma story...)

I'll be posting my version of Ranma 1/2 vol. 13 part 1 shortly.  It's the
first story to the Ranma gets weak arc.  Any suggestions, comments,
criticisms (constructive) are more than welcome (since this is my first
attempt at translating).  I'll warn you all that in order to completely
understand what's going on, you need a copy of vol. 13 handy (I did not
give any background/scene descriptions -- it's a straight (liberal, but
striving for accuracy) translation of the dialogue and FX)...  I hope to
have parts 2 and 3 (definitely part 2) ready within a week...

--Josh

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited