Re: [Emotionally] Strong Characters

to ranma@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Kyle Matsumura <kylemats@hcc.Hawaii.Edu>
subject Re: [Emotionally] Strong Characters
date Fri, 30 Jun 1995 13:06:47 -1000
I must say that Ryoga has to be one of my favs, but...

On Fri, 30 Jun 1995, Raymond C. Rodgers wrote:

> Not to start any ongoing arguement, with anyone, but over all, I think that
> Ryoga is the strongest (and not just physically) character in the Ranma
> saga. I think this for several reasons:
>  * The strength in holding himself in reserve when he really wants to tell
> Akane how he feels for her.

Do you really thin this is true?  I kind of got the idea that he was just
a coward as far as affairs of the heart was concerned...

>  * And the strength he shows by continuing to face off against Ranma, and
> remain in contact with the Tendos despite the shame that he feels when he
> transforms into P-Chan.

Ohh Yeah, like he really suffers when he gets to sleep with Akane...Well
did anyone see the episode where Akane beats the stuffing out of Ryoga
and Ranma...While she's sleeping?  Maybe he is suffering...

> Over all I don't think that anyone else shows as much emotional stability as
> he does. The closest to him in this respect would be Ranma, but Ranma, as we
> all have seen, has a tendency to conceal his true feelings about things...

Now this I think goes to far.  Emotionally stability?  I don't think ANY of
the main characters are emotionally stable.  Do you think it's normal for
some one to "come to terms" with the fact that their true love does not
love them by running away.  Add that onto the fact that he's never even
told her?  I don't know, I don't think that's a stable response, but then
this is only MHO...

P.S. Am I just stupid, or am I accessing the KISS doll thing at venice
wrong?  I opened the file, and all I found was a bunch of jibberish, kind
of like this OVODSNDUSOIHW(&@$^&^%(JSCCON  type thing.

I want to see what Dov has been doing, but it doesn't seem to be working...

Ohh BTW In October I am going to Las Vegas.  Does anyone live there?  Or
can anyone recommend a good store where I can find cheap anime?  Anyone
can recommend a shop where I can find anime related stuff?   Thanks for
any information you can supply me with! 8)

Kyle Matsumura
http://www.hcc.hawaii.edu/~kylemats
kylemats@hcc.hawaii.edu

Search field Search string