Mainly Frank-kun: WOT, CoRR, etc...

to ranma@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Laura Louise Stoffer <stoffell@whitman.edu>
subject Mainly Frank-kun: WOT, CoRR, etc...
date Tue, 30 Sep 1997 21:22:13 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Albert Lunde <Albert-Lunde@nwu.edu>
> Subject: Re: More Wheel of Time spam, ribbon writing, Streamline

Hey!  You only talked about the middle one!  No fair!  :P
===================
Frank-kun:

> YEEAAHHH!  Way to go Frank!  I'm proud of you, Hiroshi-boy...you do me
> proud.  ^_^>
>
> I try...really I do...^_-

I can tell.  ^_^

> <I actually don't mind that #2 ranking...I don't think that Ryoga and Ukyo
> belong together (Ukyo doesn't deserve Ryoga...Ukyo deserves a long and
> painful life alone...or is that too harsh?), >
>
> Probably...^_^

Hmm...Nah.  ^_^

> <Like I said, we will soon rule the world!  Take this opportunity to
> ingratiate yourselves now!>
>
> I might if they keep moving up. ^_^

Hey, now's the time!  Stock prices are still low enough to be a bargain...

> Heh...I will, don't worry.  Ukyo will be #1 Most Hated if I have to do it
> myself!  Yeah!>
>
> *lol* And the funny thing is, I actually beleive you'll do it...^_-

Hey, watch me.  I've already done a little bit...^_^

WARNING!!!  WHEEL OF TIME SPOILERS AHEAD!!  DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT
MADE IT THROUGH CROWN OF SWORDS!!

> <Heh ... I'm half way through book 5 of the Wheel of Time, and ... well, I
> think that _Mat_ is the jerkiest of the lot! He was great to start off
> with, but he turned into a real prick...... Rand's not even half that bad!>
>
> I agree here. Mat is quite somewhat of a jerk - looking out for mostly
> himself, and such. Certainly progressed from the country boy we saw at
> the beginning, ne? ^_^

I would disagree.  While the boy has gotten a little more nasty, he's also
gotten a lot more mature.  His worst part was around books four or five,
but I think that he's getting lots better.  He still helps Rand out,
and not just because he's the Dragon Reborn, but because he still
considers him a friend.  I somehow don't see Mat doing everything he's
done just out of fear of the Dragon.  He goes out of his way to help the
women, even when they're nothing but total ungrateful bitches to him.  And
of course, he basically adopts an orphan boy, with no benefit to himself.
I'd hardly call that 'looking out for mostly himself'.

> Rand's just cold because he has to be. Being the Dragon Reborn takes
> with it a lot of responsibility, and one also needs to be independant too.
> That's why he has to be that way - he doesn't want to be a puppet.

Yeah, but I think that he's colder than he needs to be.  Not that I blame
the poor boy...

> I think Lan is off somewhere at the moment (I sort of agree with some
> who say that Nynaeve needs to get laid - would maybe eliminate the
> temper and bad attitude... ^_^)

Umm...have you read Book 7?  Lan is definately not 'off somewhere', and so
far, well...let's just say that Nynaeve's temper doesn't seem to be
getting better.

> story. ^_^ Elayne? It's probably an Elayne/Rand pairing for sure
> sometime...and then there's a couple other characters like Aviendha and
> such....

Yeah, I admit that Elayne needs her fair share.  Hmmph...last one...she
was the first one to even _admit_ that she loved him!

> By the way, has anyone read that Ranma/Wheel of Time crossover?
> howis it? I think, IMO, that Wheel of TIme is a little too serious to cross
> over with something liek Ranma, but, then, what do I know? ^_^

Well, what I read was actually kind of an attempt to make WOT a kind of
comedy...replacing Trollocs with fanboys, and that kind of thing...I
didn't read a whole lot, though, as the page didn't have the proper kind
of text wrapping...I hate that.

Actually, because I heard of the crossover before I started the series, I
have gone through the whole thing picturing the characters as Ranma (and
some other anime) characters.  A bit different than how (whoever wrote the
Xover) had them...I like mine better, though.  I especially like picturing
Siuan Sanche as Nodoka and Gareth Bryne as Genma...^_^

OKAY, THE SPOILERS ARE OVER!!  REPEAT, THE SPOILERS ARE OVER!!

> <Gate One: Saotome Laura and PIMoSD Laura. Emergency Medical
> installation
> located here.

Also:  KTF, KFC headquarters; mysterious shogi board (what the heck is
_under_ that thing?)

> <Gate Eight: Walski, but currently headed by Dead Tang (Lead Sang?).
> Weapons of massive destruction.>
>
> Red Fang! ^_^

Umm...better stop before the poor guy goes postal.  Caked blood on the
walls is _so_ last season...^_^

> FriTz said:
>
> <Actually... I've have to agree with that.  Sasuke is possibly the most
> wretched of all of the Ranma cast (in the manga and DEFINATELY in the
> anime). And I do believe I did vote for Sasuke as my most hated. >
>
> He didn';t even appear int he manga - that makes him worse! ^_^ He
> makes a horrible replacement for Gosunkugi, IMO...

ARGH!  No kidding!  I think what I hate most about Sasuke is the
implication that the great and noble scion of the house of Kuno would
_employ_ such a bumbling moron...

> Maybe Akane and Ranma can have a wedding,a nd then  Onna-Ranma
> and Ryouga can have a wedding after that. Of course, that would mean
> that for the rest of his life Ranma would have to be purposefully
> schizophrenic, but still...it works, yes? ^_^ I guess it could be some kind
> of sort-of foursome deal...

Well...Since Ranma's probably listed as Male on his birth certificate,
they could just forge a document for the female side (with Nabiki's
connections, of course) and get a marriage license that way...then there
wouldn't be any pesky bigamy charges against Ranma...Then all three could
live together as one big happy family...Ranma would get Akane, Ryoga would
get Akane, and Ranma and Ryoga would get each other!  Everyone would be
happy!  Not to mention there would never be any lack of fun in their sex
lives...O_O

-Saotome Laura

Quote of the post:  "That's it, big brother!  I'm here for you!"  -"Yoiko"

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs