Re: (spoiler) secret sauce Vol. 19

to ranma@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Chris Rijk <chris@ivision.co.uk>
subject Re: (spoiler) secret sauce Vol. 19
date Sun, 31 Aug 1997 23:35:52 +0100 (BST)

On Sun, 31 Aug 1997, Lyn Daniel wrote:

>Lyn Daniel
>http://members.tripod.com/~LynD/index.html (drawings/watercolors)
>
>> Well, the most famous incident (mostly due to Blade publicizing it) is in the
>> Secret Sauce story, where he tries to drive Ukyou away by pretending to be
>> drunk and abusing her (though he doesn't completely go through with it).
>
> (?) This is near the end of the story and he is trying to think of a way
>to get Ukyou to leave the Tendo house. This is in his thoughts only; he
>never acts this out.  It was just an idea that popped into his head.

Well, he got as far as dumping some hot sake on himself...

>I notice on page 67, volume 19, Ranma is in the bath when Ukyou, wearing a
>kimono comes in and kneels down, smiling.  Ranma is clearly very
>embarrassed, waving his arm up and down, sweat plewds (sweat drops on his
>face), saying, Ii...Ii...I...and those pin point pupils. Akane, having
>noticed Ukyou enter the bath and knowing Ranma was there, enters the bath
>with her practice bamboo sword.
Akane's aura: *roa-a-a-ar* (flames)
Ranma: *gulp*

>Later, Ranma staggers down the hall with
>several lumps on his head and opens the door to his room, to see Ukyou
>waving at him from underneath the covers.
>
>When Viz gets around to this one, I wonder how they'll mess up the
>translation.   ;P

Hmm:
Ukyou walks into bath,
Ukyou: Hey, check out this sponge I found!

Ranma starts spluttering a bit:
Ranma: Shucks, fancy meeting you in a place like this
Ukyou starts filling up a, er, bucket-ish thing
Ukyou: I couldn't find the kitchen, so I'll fill up this
      bucket here. Don't mind do you?

Ranma starts panicing and waving his arms:
Ranma: No! Don't use up all the hot water!

Akane walks in, glowing...

Ranma, later, beat up:
Ranma: Gosh, my head smarts.

Ranma walks into his room to find Ukyou, lying in the bed:
Ukyou: Ranchan you silly, this is my room
Ranma: Really? I hadn't noticed.

(okay, they're not _that_ bad.)

--
+---- Chris Rijk --- chris@ivision.co.uk --- http://www.wot-club.org.uk/ ----+
| Dictionary of Alternative Meanings: expert                                 |

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs