Re: ranma ML 1 hour matome okuri

to ranma@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from "Arnold Kim" <oktree@sprynet.com>
subject Re: ranma ML 1 hour matome okuri
date Sun, 31 Aug 1997 13:27:24 -0500
Ukyo Hibiki:

> hey there all you ML people...I've been on this mailing list for about

Hi there!  Arnold speaking.

> month...I've just been too lazy to post anything, so I guess I'm a
> newbie, huh?  Does anyone know if there is ever gonna be an anime
> convention in northern California?  From reading someone's post a
while
> back, it seems like hella fun.  Oh, and what exactly do you do in
> factions such as SAUCE or WHAU?  That's all for now...

Don't know about SAUCE, other than everyone there likes Ukyo.  But
WHAU...that's not even a faction any more.  Kevin Hahn tried to spread
out its membership, but us Akane fans didn't like it too uch...and now
he's takena bit of a leave of absence because of schoolwork.

Anyway, the only thing you really do in factions is suport and believe
in its cause, usually reflected in your arguments.  As a member of KTf,
AD, and TOTA, I defend Akane and her right as Ranma's True Fiancee
against those who challenge it.

Oh yeah, and before I close out, hello and welcome!  Have fun.

Olin:

> > Ryoga is the good guy because he's honorable, noble-hearted, honest,
and
> >  the only thing he would need to be happy is Akane's love, which,
IMO, is
> >  pretty sweet. :)
> Honorable-yes
> Noble hearted-yes
> honest-not always.
> Though if you ask me he is kinda fickle.

That's probably why I like him.  Got the same qualities and drawbacks
that I have.

Ted:

> Ahem. Sasuke. Linlin and Ranran appear again in the Christmas OAV.

LinLin/RanRan make two appearances in the TV series.

HX:

> > H-H-HORRID SYSTEM????  You gotta be kidding me.  N64 is the most  >
amazing system I've ever played!

> *blinks* Really... With an awkward controller, no choices for hookup
> a TV (only the stereo cables), and a controller pak that can hold data
> for only one game.

The controller is great- I have had no problems with it at all, and I
like the extra precision offered by the analog joystick, and I think the
Z trigger button is conveiently placed.  Many games don't even use the
pak.
As for the TV hookup, well, that's not really a problem for me.And no
game in their respective Genres are nearly as good as Super Mario or
Starfox 64.

> > just wish there were a few more
> > games, though.
>
> <sarcasm> What? You didn't _like_ all the Doom clones that came out at
> the start of N64's tenure on the market? </sarcasm>

I count 20 games on the market right now for the N64.  only a few are
Doom clones.

No more are planned for release in the near future.  Yoshi's Island
looks amazing, and I can't wait for Zelda, F-zero, Castlevaina,
Earthbound,and SM RPG.

> > How about Fareast Expo?  I don't wanna be the only one there.^_^
>
> *raises eyebrow* Fareast Expo, hmmmmm? *grabs his atlas* And where
might
> this one be? =)

Southern Jersey.  A little farther than I originally thought, but still
in my home state...^_^

Arnold Kim

Search field Search string

archive list