Arnolds' welcome!

to ranma@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Ranma <ranma@earthling.net>
subject Arnolds' welcome!
date Mon, 30 Jun 1997 19:49:50 -0700
The great Arnold wrote:

> Welcome to the ML, Andrea!!  I'm Arnold, one of the regulars here.  As =
for
> advice, well, normally I'd tell people not to double post or quote whol=
> posts, but you seem to be okay with that.  when you quote from someone
> else's posts, quote sparingly, only using what directly relates to what
> you are responding to.  Don't complain too much about SPAM, either,
> becuase there is a _lot_ of it on this ML, and llittle that anyone coul=
> do about it.  Not that they;d want to, because through this spam I made
> some great friendships.  (Spam, by the way, means anything here that
> doesn't relate to Ranma 1/2).  If you want to get yourself established
> here, have a favorite character and defend him/her to the death.  Almos=
> every character has at least one follower here (even Azusa!) so you'll
> pick up allies pretty quickly.  another good way to estabish yourself h=
ere
> is by joining one or more of the groups here, like the KTF (Knights of =
the
> True Fiancee (Akane)), WoS (Worshippers of Shampoo), or UGMA and OLA,
> among many others.

Arnold, don't scare her away, we just got her.  Even "I" don't get the
groups yet.

> And one more thing-I notice that your only exposure to Ranma is the ani=
me
> series, not the original manga by Rumiko Takahashi.  Note that here, th=
> anime doesn't relly have much signifigance when you are talking about
> conversations that revolve around characterization or storyline, since =
the
> anime can be quite different from the original at times.  But for those=
 of
> us that have limited manga exposure (or in your case, no manga exposure=
),
> anime examples are okay, provided that you can acknowlege that you migh=
> be wrong.

To what he said, if you get in an arguement with someone about a
character or whatnot.  Make sure that you can back up your alligations.=20
And hopefully you will learn a little about the Manga too.  This Mailing
List is just a giant learning experiance.
=20
> Ran-chan, Ranma
> Saotome, Lyn, Lori, Alain, Karmin, Tony...did I miss anyone? I hope
> not...)

Yeah, you remembered me!

Ran-chan

Protector of the Kawaii Miyu-chan
^_^The Ranma=BD Home Page(Where I am also known As Ranma)^_^
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Towers/1206/ran1.html
Ohh and, live by these words they will help you through life!
Try Not. Do or do not. There is no try!

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited