Re: Voice Acting Quirks in Viz Ranma

to ranma@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Ulug M Unligil <ulu@lec.med.utoronto.ca>
subject Re: Voice Acting Quirks in Viz Ranma
date Thu, 1 Jun 1995 17:44:14 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 31 May 1995 UncleLeo@aol.com wrote:

> Another example is Ryouga to Akane: "Let me *skate* with you!"  It should be:
> "Let *me* skate with you!"  Is the director (and everyone else with review
> responsibility) asleep at the switch?  Or is this an example of some
> difference in English as it is spoken in Canada?  Or could it be . . . oh, I

> Lee in Arlington, Va

What are you trying *TO* say?  You think *THAT* we talk funny?  *IT'S* you
americans who *TALK* funny.  We speak completely normal*LY*.  Actually, in
all the examples you mentioned, the emphasis is placed at the middle of
the sentence... perhaps this is a local mannerism of the west coast.  Are
the voice actors actually Vancouverites, or are they flown in from various
parts of the States and Canada?
                                   Ulu

Search field Search string

archive list