Questions and answers (group replies -- NO SPAM)

to ranma@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from "Kevin Lew -- 'The Lai-Lai Boy'" <kasumi@eden.com>
subject Questions and answers (group replies -- NO SPAM)
date Wed, 31 May 1995 19:51:07 -0500 (CDT)
> From: Steve <steve@mordred.gatech.edu>
> Subject: geeky voices - gotta love 'em

> 1. how come many Japanese voice actors "change" their names?  I mean, why does
>    Noda Reiko go by "Sakuma Rei"?  Maybe she doesn't want her family to know
>    what she does for a living?  :-)

Since when has this become new?  Many folks change their name in the
showbiz world.  Ever heard of Hollywood?  What, everybody uses their given
name there?  Shee.

Maybe she doesn't think her name Noda Reiko is flashy, and so she goes by
a stage name.  What's wrong with that?

> 2. how come the singing style for many singers (not necessarily just Ranma)
>    is "geeky"?  For example, why do the singers of "Omoide ga ippai"
>    (CoCo) have such whinny, goofy, Shampoo-sounding voices?  Is it the
>    "cutsey" effect?  I mean, CoCo sounds pretty much "non-geeky" in "Equal
>    Romance".

People like that squealy voice.  They think that it's "cute".  Don't ask
me; I think that it's damn annoying.  Many people like C-ko Kotobuki's
voice, too.  *shudder*

She has to sing in character, so she uses her squeaky voice.  I wonder how
many seiyuu would sound if they weren't trying to sing in character.

(I heard that Takada Yumi actually can sing.  Can somebody bring over some
seiyuu CDs to my place?  Yeah, I don't buy seiyuu albums.  Sue me.)

==========
> From: "'The Bear --' Frank Ho" <dkshadow@u.washington.edu>
> Subject: Re: past ranma fanfic
>
> Unless you're on a Unix system, gzipped files are rather difficult to handle.

First of all, there are plenty of sites that have gunzip for DOS.  You
could have had this info in seconds if you had asked a computer group on
the Usenet.

Second of all, if you use major sites, then you don't need it.  Say
there's this file that you had to get:
   stupid.help.desk.faq.gz
Type in:
   get stupid.help.desk.faq
Whoah!  You didn't type the .gz ending!  Why?  Because then the FTP
site will decompress it for you, if it has the utility.  Many sites
have this setup.  Why hasn't anybody said this?

==========
> From: "'The Bear --' Frank Ho" <dkshadow@u.washington.edu>
> Subject: Ranma: Translations
>
> I was just wondering if the people who were doing the manga translations
> were still taking requests.

You're going to get 17 chapters of translation pretty soon, from people
right here on the M.L.  You can request, but nobody is going to do them,
unless somebody besides Wei-Hwa and Xavier volunteer.

Who is doing translations besides Wei-Hwa and Xavier?  I've been told that
Ricardo was also supposed to be doing the dougi story, but Xav must've
scared him away.  ^_^;;  There's GOTTA be others on this M.L. doing them,
since this group is huge.

BAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKA
      Kevin Lew -- "The Lai-Lai Boy"  (Tendou Kasumi no Iinazuke)
   Ranma 1/2 Stupid Help Desk and Other Stupid Spam E-mail Addresses:
               ra1628@email.sps.mot.com  (Special Account)
               kasumi@eden.com           (Normal Account)

Search field Search string

archive list