Technology

to ranma@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Arnold Kim <arnkim@umich.edu>
subject Technology
date Sun, 1 Jun 1997 13:39:42 -0400 (EDT)
Ted wrote:

> Maybe it's the pre-Meiji xenophobia when the Japanese resisted anything
> western. If it wasn't for the light bulb they'd have hung on to that
> belief for awhile longer. More I'd have to say Ranma takes place in the
> 80's. Calculators back then used to cost 40 dollars or more.

Yeah, well, there's one later episode where a kid has a japanese Super
Nintendo, which didn't come around till the early '90s.  Then again, the
Tendos don't even have a car...

Arnold Kim
Akane Rules!   _  _             |Visit Animania, the Umich
              / \/ \            |anime club at:
RANMA SAOTOME! \  / AKANE TENDO!|http://www.umich.edu/~animania
                \/              |       I luv UMich!

Search field Search string