cc shampoo@tendo-dojo.ranma.net
from "H. Torrance Griffin" <heretic@jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu>
subject Shampoo's defenders
date Wed, 30 Apr 1997 11:27:17 -0400
> From: lmyhan@CSWNET.COM (amnesiack)
>
> amnesiack says:
> ok, always before I've stayed out of any debate involving Shampoo, but since
> I'm trying to post more on topic, and someone's resurrected the Best Babe
> thread...
>
> My main reason for saying that Ranma doesn't like Shampoo (no matter what
> her faults and her strengths) is that he simply just doesn't like her.
	I, along with a lot of other 'Poo fans, have no problem with Ranma
not getting together with her in and of itself (thier relationship got off
on the wrong foot from the beginning, and it would take something drastic
to wean him off of Akane anyway).
	My problem is with the degree to which Shampoo is regarded as
mindless, evil, and in general utterly hopeless (the 'Joketsuzoku society
as Inherently Dysfunctional' assumption also grates on me personally).  I
have yet to comprehend why she and Cologne inspire such contempt in fandom
while Ukyo, Mousse, and of all people Tatewaki (read Lawson's fics if you
don't beleive me) are so widely pitied and admired as noble souls.

> There have been several attractive, nice, intelligent girls at my school who
> have come on to me, but for some reason I could simply never feel attracted
> to them.  That's just the way it is sometimes, and I think Ranma has made it
> clear that he doesn't like Shampoo.
	I doubt it.  I for one think that Ranma has been rather
wishy-washy when it come to fending off either Shampoo _and_ Ukyo's
advances.  Has he sat Shampoo down and told her "No, I am not in love with
you.  _My_ _heart_ _belongs_ _to_ _Akane_." at any point (being rather
clueless about subtle hints myself, I think he'd have to go this far to
get through to her)?
	I get the impression that while Shampoo will fight tooth and nail
for Ranma's hand so long as she thinks she has a realistic chance, once he
publically confesses his love for Akane (and vice versa) she would try to
bow out gracefully (yes I know Mousse wouldn't, that's why I don't like
him).
	And let's not get started on the 'Mousse is destined for Shampoo'
bit, please?

> You can't change the way you feel, no
> matter how "great" or "horrible" a person may be.  It just happens sometimes.
	I know, that's why Ranma hasn't dumped Akane yet <ducks>.

HTG

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited