Re: ranma ML 1 hour matome okuri

to ranma@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Arnold Kim <arnkim@umich.edu>
subject Re: ranma ML 1 hour matome okuri
date Tue, 1 Apr 1997 22:48:55 -0500 (EST)
> >Wolf wrote:
> >You may say that the true fiancee for Ranma maybe Shampoo,
> >but of course we all know that Ukyo is the true one.  I mean
> >who can cook better and be extremly attentive than her.
>
> Maybe Shampoo can, but for sure Kodachi can.
I wouldn't want Kodachi to be so "attentive" to me as she is towards
ranma.  What are thopse wierd powders and stuff she uses?  I value my
ability to actually MOVE, thank you.

> Plus, Kodachi is more suited for the 'Anything goes martial arts' style of
> fighting.  Not only can she fight fairly well, but she good with posions
> and other stuff that falls under anything goes.
Um, tell me.  Can she fight at ALL without her weapons?  I believe
"Anything Goes Martial Arts" is hand-to-hand combat.

> And doesn't SAOTOME KODACHI just sound cool?
> Plus she is SO much more good looking than those other 3.
Uhhhh...I wouldn't go there, if I were you.

Then Ricky Ling sez:>
> Hello,
> 	The true facts about Ranma are as follows:
>
> 	COUPLES:
>
> 	Ranma and Kasumi (the ideal couple)
> 	Shampoo and Moose
> 	Akane and Ryoga
> 	Nabiki and Kuno
>

> 	These are the facts.  Anyone who disagrees are radicals.

Where are you getting these "facts" out of?  First of all, I believe that
Kasumi said she doesn't go for younger guys (vol.1 part 1 of manga)
There are very few signs that Shampoo and Mousse would get along, Nabiki
relies on Kuno purely for monetary reasons, and I just shudder at the
suggestion that Ryouga and Akane belong together.  Akane only sees ryouga
as a friend.  Ukyo or Akari would make a better match for Ryouga (Hell,
Akari was custom-made for him)

Even Rumiko Takahashi herself said that Ranma and Akane are a true couple,
even saying that they are the one true couple in the series.

I'll agree with you that I;m a radical, though.

Arnold Kim
aka Sir Arnold, proud member of the Knights of the True Fiancee, Akane
Tendo
Long live Akane!

Search field Search string

archive list