HTML stuff, and then some...

to ranma@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from HunterX <mterry@siue.edu>
subject HTML stuff, and then some...
date Fri, 31 Jan 1997 10:58:16 -0600 (CST)
Andrew McCann wrote:

> Fair Kunou asks:
> > 	If anyone out there wants to give me a crash-course in HTML coding,
> > feel free! I've already had offers of help from Jaymz (Whom I am saving
> > as
> > a last resort, because he's always busy and I feel bad asking him to
> > help...),
> > Mortal (Whom I am already pumping for info), and a few others.
>
> Well, for a crash course in HTML coding, surf on over to this site:
> http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/General/Internet/WWW/HTMLPrimerAll.html

*blech.* That site's good if you have to whip up a quick web page in an
hour or less.  Not too big on content.

> An *Extremely* comprehensive site for learning the basics of what you need
> to know. Once you get that down, I suggest you go out and buy yourself one
> of those "Phone Book" Manuals on HTML coding.

*ecK!* At $50 a book? And a new subversion of it popping up every six
months? Nuh-uh... not the way t' go.  What I did is a) checked out almost
every available book at my area library system and read 'em all, b)
checked out Netscape's HTML authoring site every once in a great while to
see what was new, and c) followed the great path of every reverse-engineer
out there -- took someone else's code and looked at how I could adapt it
to what I needed.  Right now, that's exactly how I'm learning JavaScript.

BTW, Kunou, if you (or anyone else, for that matter. =) ) need any help,
I'll see what I can do. =)

> Sineritri wrote:
> > >P.S. We should all get together sometime. No point, I just think we
> should.
>
> Jason Hicks responds:
> > Great idea! Maybe at Otakon '97?
>
> Hell, Yes. I'll be there.

*sigh* Wish I could make it... But alas, the mighty HXMobile barely made
it to a trip to Chi-town... I don't want it to suffer all the way to
Baltimore and back... =)
------
And Jaymz said:
>You know, I don't think many people here have bothered to check out
>Miyu-chan's artwork. To put it bluntly, that pisses me right off.

Actually, when she said said that she had a self-portrait of her net.self
there, I checked it out... (not a bad job! better than I. =)
-=-=-=-=-=-
First there was:
>  [Battle aura erupts] QI'yaH! ghuy'cha'!  Qu'vatlh!  Ukyou Kuonji
> batlhDaj tIch Don, puqlooD Wang. batlh ghobe' ghaj  SoH noch. [Slaps him
> with the back of his hand] Don, puwlooD Wang tIqlIj teq 'ej Sop JIH.
> <shing, shing> qaStaHvIS wa' ram loS SaD Hugh Sljlah qetbogh loD.
> bljeghbe'chugh vaj blHegh!

And then:
>Bollicks? Como? Lo siento, pero no se que quiere decir "bollicks". Por que
>no te gusta espanol? Espanol es una idioma buena... si no tiene una vida...
>como yo. Ted, que ano de la clase espanol asistes?  Puedo hablar en espanol
>bueno a veces... Yo sace un novienta y tres por el semester...

<HX's eyes widen as his brain tries to absorb the flood of foreign
languages all at once... Suddenly (to the suprise of the computer lab), HX
lets out a stupendous scream as his brain rejects all the new info and
instincively shuts down, sending HX's face straight to a lovely meeting
with the keyboard...>

HX: Make the hurting stop.
... =)
| | | \  \    /  /   HunterX, who promptly forgot all the German
| |_| | \  \/  /          he learned in HS.
EMail: mterry@siue.edu, markt@tmbg.org Web: http://www.siue.edu/~mterry/

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited