Re: I'm Buying From Nikaku SOON

to ranma@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from deckerd@agcs.com
subject Re: I'm Buying From Nikaku SOON
date Tue, 2 May 1995 08:18:25 -0700
> I'm new to this Ranma mailing list, so hello :)

And a hearty "Nihao!" to you!

> I'm wondering how much a Ranma tape should cost.
> I just saw both 2 Ranma Volumes 8 & 9 for 30 dollars each.
> And the Ranma movies 1 & 2 and OAVs cost 35 dollars each.
> Are those prices reasonable? This is at SunCoast Video by the way.

> Young Tang

Those are Viz's own suggested retail prices for those tapes (more or
less -- aren't they actually $29.95 and $34.95?), so you probably
can't do any better at a regular video store unless you hit on a
store having a special sale. For the unnumbered second series of Ranma
TV episode tapes that recently started, Viz did lower the price to
$24.95. These prices aren't bad when you consider what the stuff costs
in Japan: the OAV tape Viz sells for $34.95 includes two episodes that
sold in Japan for 4800 yen apiece on laserdisc (and fast approaching
$70 from an import dealer).

--Dwight Decker

Search field Search string

archive list