Re: *SPOILERS*/Questions about Manga Vol. 32

to ranma@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from "Kevin Lew -- 'The Lai-Lai Boy'" <kasumi@eden.com>
subject Re: *SPOILERS*/Questions about Manga Vol. 32
date Mon, 1 May 1995 22:03:32 -0500 (CDT)
> From: "leon chen" <leonchen@leland.stanford.edu>

(Rouge story)
> Did Tarou take them from her in the first place? Because she kept saying, "
> Return them, return them", so i assume he must have taken it from her.  Also,
> another interesting point - i think Rumiko is making Rogue Pantyhose's love
> match (like she's doing with  everyone else.) AFter all, it follows the
> format - new character introduced who is similar to their love match in some
> way.

I dunno who had it first.  I can't read the stupid thing very well.

But, it does appear that Rouge (not Rogue, silly ^_^) is going to be
Tarou's GF.  They are so screwed up looking in their cursed forms that
they ought to be made for each other.  Incidentally, she's got a KAWAII
name, so I dunno why Tarou doesn't go for her.

> >--Can somebody tell me what the hell they are?  I didn't understand the
> >whole bit at all.
>
> Actually, i thought they were medicine patches for your back, but i could be
> wrong.

Yeah, well, I knew that, but I was hoping for more explanation.  How does
it work?  Pressure points?  Is it just some folklore medicine or some
"real" stuff, like nicotine patches?

(Asuka story)
> >   Ranma gets beat up in this story so many times, that it's not even
> >funny.  It's about as bad as the Rouge story.  Remember, the best-looking
> >date wins, so Asuka sends everything she has at Ranma, including exploding
> >white lilies, bear claw-traps, and a stampede of cattle.
>
> The more beat-up ranma is, the uglier he gets (bugged out eyes, and so forth)

Sure, I know that.  Pretty sorry, nonetheless.  Looks like all the humor
in the newer Ranma manga is seeing how many times Ranma can get trashed.

> Tsuroko-san was like "Where did you go in the middle of our date"
> Kameo-san was like "Some pervert(hen) girl kidnapped? me.

Hah!  Funny.

(Dougi story)
> One of the stories where you can actually see the progress in the Ranma/
> Akane relationship.
> After all, instead of smacking him for holding her, she asks him to hold her
> a little bit longer. hmmmm. the end is near...

Yeah, well, it wouldn't make sense to smack him anyway.  Geez, he'd
probably drop her on the bench with the wet paint.

==========
> From: whuang@cco.caltech.edu (Wei-Hwa Huang)
> Subject: Re: *SPOILERS*/Questions about Manga Vol. 32

> >'Cause otherwise, I dunno when anybody else ever used a sign.
>
> The "Happosai gets angry" story, where Ranma holds up signs to Happosai,
> insulting him and making Happosai think Genma was holding up the signs.

Oh, yeah.  Forgot that one.

BAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKABAKA
      Kevin Lew -- "The Lai-Lai Boy"  (Tendou Kasumi no Iinazuke)
   Ranma 1/2 Stupid Help Desk and Other Stupid Spam E-mail Addresses:
               ra1628@email.sps.mot.com (Stupid Account)
               kasumi@eden.com     (Less Stupid Account)

QUOTE OF THE DAY:
   "He's the only guy that I know that can use the word 'sh*t' three
    times in one sentence in a conversation to his _mom_."
    -- Pan-da describing her roommate's boyfriend.

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs