I said this.

to ranma@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from AAA <atw@internetx.net>
subject I said this.
date Tue, 31 Dec 1996 16:06:00 -0500
The below listed poster, posted this:
> BriGuy, demander of Nabiki
>
> "This is a barral. It contains: It's contents"
>
> Mortal: How does your name work?

Well, you have to scatter it among the contents
of the universe and utter chaos insues as "mortals"
try to create order. You have to pull the pin first
though, or it won't work at all. It will just sit
there.

> When I first read it I was vaguely
> intimidated, but now that I think about it, It's not very intimidating.
> Yet, somehow, It still has me intimidated.

It's all in the pronunciation. It's just
the combination of all those stately letters
gatered in one place. That tall, strong "M"
beside the subtle, ever balanced "o", then the
perfect smoothness of the "o" rolls sweetly
into the "r", a combination of "M"ly uprightness
and "o"ly fluency. The "t" is a sharp point reaching
for the sky, above the plateau of it's cross.
Then, the slim, sharp "l". Looking like the hangman's
platform, it reminds us all of our impermanence,and
the beauty that fragility brings.
	Then of course, there's the meaning...

> I know I said I would try to cut down on the posts, but... I lied! Sorry, I
> really don't have much of a life... (said while looking at feet) I'm very
> new to this ML and I have to catch up for the time I missed! (How much time
> have I missed?)

EVERYTHING. There's nothing left. It's over.
Everybody go home. Nothing to see here, move along...

WD, the sensible Butcher wrote:

> >May I humbly recommend myself for the slaughter?
> >
> >       -Mortal
>
>         Sure!  Come this way, please.  The waitress will seat you.  :)

*looking at menu* yeah...I'll have the, um, let's see...the
Adnap (backwards) Chilli, and a Tofu salad please.

*leans over and winks conspiratorily to the camera*
*whispering* Shhh...don't tell him it's a trick.

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs