spa....m

to ranma@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Mortal <bowickp@folly.cofc.edu>
subject spa....m
date Mon, 02 Dec 1996 00:50:18 -0500
ucchan@usagi.jrd.dec-j.co.jp wrote:

>         Had all that stored in my mouse (using COPY option) for a LONG time. Okay
movie; more
> like a two hour episode of the TV series though. No way in HELL the Borg would be
beaten THAT
> easily, though.

Well, under my orriginal understanding of the BORG, they would be
stunningly easy
to beat. It would be like a human vs. a computer in an RPG. The computer
can't
grasp too many important concepts of play, like the old chess classic of
sacrifice,
or the tactic of deception. Silicon will never win out over grey matter
in real life.
However, this time they introduced a more human element to the BORG with
the Queen.
She was very human-like with the cocept of twisting logic, deception,
and the like.
She used human understanding of desire and irrational drives to her
advantage,
however, once again, it was the ignorance of the concept of sacrifice
that allowed
the non-borg lifeforms to win. It was Data's and Jean Luc's willingness
to sacrifice
that allowed the B-Queen (like Queen B) to lose.

> AURGH!!! When are the Edgars due? Mortal, I nominate MYSELF for every one of them!
(At least the
> one about me marrying someone who looked like anime character--someone else gave
me that one,
> too... I'm sick I know, but I'd BECOME an anime character if I could)

They are due the first day of December. and as it is now 12:43 where I
live, but
not ebing ego-centric, I'll allow a 24 hour world time difference, and a
24 hour
period for all the post to cycle through the ML, so actually Dec 3.

> If you've read this far, I love you!
> (attribute it to Chikyuu Orchestra, Mountain Dew, and 1:00 a.m.  ^_^)

Uh...yeah. You too.
I hate to be loved for someone else's music.

--
                          Mortal
     Proprietor of the Tendo Kasumi School of Philosophy

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs