Out of the way!

to ranma-tmp@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Enaka <ranma12213@ncn.net>
subject Out of the way!
date Sun, 01 Dec 1996 23:35:00 -0600
ucchan@usagi.jrd.dec-j.co.jp wrote:

> Ok, in a rare fit of Ranma related thought, I have impacted upon a
> debacle of missunderstanding and ignorance.
>         Ranma is introduced to his class at Furinkan high as
> A student who recently returned from China. He is introduced as
> Ranma Saotome, Sophmore.
>         But in Stormy Weather Comes...Growing up with Miss. Hinako,
> he is in the freshman class. So what gives?? I would presume that
> the OAVs are post beginning of the series since Everyone knows
> everyone else, and Happosai has already been introduced, and
> Gusunkugi, or however his name is spelled is introduced. So,
> what happened, did Ranma and Akane BOTH get held back since
> they are BOTH in the same classroom both times? Or is it a plot
> hole? Any ideas? Any clues? Coould this quandry have been avoided
> if I knew more about the Japanese school system?

Alternate universe? Maybe they were taking remedial classes.

>         So there. I have contributed my Ranma
> thread of the month. Don't expect any further
> Ranma related posts from me for the rest of
> December, though if something strikes the flint
> of my brain, further sparks may fly.

Good for you, Mortal! No use wasting time and putting the Ranma post
off. Get it out of the way and move on to other, more spamful posts,
just the way we like it! *_-

>         Also, I think that as far as a ML fanfic,
> goes. I am not very interrested. In the vein that
> I'd be VERY interrested in an ML Manga. I don't think
> that our work should be based PRIMARILY on someone
> else's world, but on one of our own devising, with
> smatterings of other manga and anime included for spice.

I, too think I prefer the idea for a ML manga. I'd rather look at the
pictures anyway.

Enaka the Simple
--

Check out my homepage: