Re: ranma ML 1 hour matome okuri

to ranma@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from John and Christine <mooersj@kic.or.jp>
subject Re: ranma ML 1 hour matome okuri
date Tue, 01 Oct 1996 09:16:53 +0900
ucchan@usagi.jrd.dec-j.co.jp wrote:

> ------- Message

> Date: Mon, 30 Sep 1996 09:53:38 -0500
> To: ranma@usagi.jrd.dec.com
> From: Your Pal Totoro <totoro@poboxes.com>
> Subject: Why Eric Hates Ranma
>
> >>         RANMA AND A COLD, LONELY, LONG LIVED, AGONIZINGLY LONELY LIFE!!!!!
> >
> >> Eric
> >
> >Eric, could it be that you're actually JEALOUS?
> >
> >               Mortal
> Ah, I see, there are new people on who don't remember why I dislike Ranma so
> much.  They most likely weren't around, so I will post a really brief version.
>
> Ranma mistreats women.  He is basically an ass to them.  In Fact,
> mistreating women is my definition of Ass.  I don't like him because of that.
>
> Oh, and if you must know, I am engaged to 16 different women currently, so
> jealousy isn't a part of it, I don't think.  (Note:  I was engaged to 7
> before I ever  saw an episode of Ranma.)
>
> Eric
> Eric J. Brown
>
> "I do not avoid women, but I do deny them my essence."
>
> OU Classics/History Major who proudly is a member of the OAA.
> http://rossby.metr.uoknor.edu/~ebrown/index.html
>
> "Imagine how surprised all the kids will be/ Empty bottles, Saviors they
> crawl/ that has always been and will always be/ there's a hornet's nest in
> my head/ come and save me." -P 25 London- Black Crowes
>
> ------- Message

> Date: Mon, 30 Sep 1996 10:05:37 -0500
> To: ranma@usagi.jrd.dec.com
> From: Your Pal Totoro <totoro@poboxes.com>
> Subject: How to Flame
>
> ><Close up of Jaymz's face as his pupils retract, and his left eye starts
> >to twitch. We then see the back of him as he slowly starts to turn
> >around to HTG>
> >
> >Jaymz: Oh, I'm sorry, I don't think I was quite clear enough
> >
> ><Jaymz grabs HTG with his left hand, by the throat, lifts him up in the
> >air, and slams him violently against the wall. Jaymz pulls out a large,
> >double-barreled shotgun from the strap on his back, and positions the
> >barrel under HTG's nose. HTG looks down at the barrel with fear in his
> >eyes>
> >
> >Jaymz: Please allow me to rephrase the question..... WHAT DID YOU MEAN
> >BY THAT?????
> >
> >To be continued.......
>
> Okay people,  if you feel the need to flame a person over their comments,
> don't beat around the bush with it.  Don't use cheap gimiicks like an
> imaginary gun, just be blunt and state  your opinion in a rather harsh way.
>
> <Example>  Well, Jaymz, if you had half a brain you would have interpreted
> that what he meant was that Akane is a bitch.  She is constantly hitting
> Ranma, she is selfish, and she is ultra=selfcentered, willing to run off
> with any boy that comes along.  Basicaly she is a mean slut you ignorant
> peon.  </Example>
>
> See, I don't even agree with that statement I just made.  I think Akane's
> character is justified in her actions 95% of the time.  But my flame was
> [...]
not better, than most Japanese
men and male teenagers treat women and girls here.  Anime isn't real
life, it's better than real...Ryoga treats Akane better, but maybe
because he has to try harder to impress / please her when he's not a
pig.  Actually, Ranma-kun reminds me alot of James Dean instead of some
Gen-X slacker misogynistic 'toon.

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited