Re: ranma ML 1 hour matome okuri

to ranma@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from "James 'Jaymz' Cullen" <lcullen@eis.net.au>
subject Re: ranma ML 1 hour matome okuri
date Mon, 08 Jul 1996 02:39:14 +1000
John Chu wrote:

> > I get the feeling that Genma would sell his (son's) soul if it would
> > let him live the rest of his life without working.   To someone like
> > that, whats a last name in comparison with free food.
>
> Ranma's name being changed to Tendo probably has to do with inheriting
> the "Tendo" training hall.  Genma has no training hall to pass down to
> Ranma, so being a Saotome has no significance other than mere pride.  And
> Genma would not sell his son's soul, he is a father after all.  He does
> what he believes to be the best for both him and his son.  A secured good
> life for Ranma would mean the same for himself.

Genma wouldn't sell Ranma's soul. Kuno isn't really a fool, Kodachi's not a mentally

unbalanced psychopath,  Mousse has 20-20 vision, Ryoga would be the best person to
ask
for directions off the street, You can safely borrow money from Nabiki, and Akane
and
Ranma really don't like each other at all.

Excuse my sarcasm here, but we all know what Genma would (quite a bit) and wouldn't
(not
much) do for food/money/whatever. I know it would be nice to be able to believe that

Genma isn't that sort of person, but we have to accept the facts here. Basicaly, Genma

is a fool, a fool who only thinks about himself with no consideration of others around

him. Kinda like a more extreme version of Ranma's pigheadedness. Not that i'm saying

that Ranma's as bad as his old man, but he does tend to forget how his words & actions

will be interpreted to others.

Well, that's what I think anyway......
--
/---------------------------\