Re: ranma ML 1 hour matome okuri

to ranma@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Martin Bennett <plunger@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au>
subject Re: ranma ML 1 hour matome okuri
date Sat, 6 Jul 1996 18:00:08 +1000 (EST)

On Sat, 6 Jul 1996 ucchan@usagi.jrd.dec-j.co.jp wrote:

> ------- Message

> Date: Sat, 06 Jul 1996 16:28:34 +0900
> To: ranma@usagi.jrd.dec.com
> From: =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCOWI6ZBsoSiA=?==?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCPShMQBsoSiA=?=
> Subject: relationship
>
>   Hi, I'm Hideaki TAKASAKA.

Don't let it worry you.

>   I think the relationships of Ranma and Akane is *not* that of lovers but
> members of family, inlike UY.
>   Psychology (and physical) distance of Ranma and Akane was so close, there
> were repulation power, I think.
>   I have many similar expriences...

I'm frightfully pleased for you.

> Hideaki TAKASAKA
> Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
> Faculty of Engineering Niigata university
>
> e-mail (hidechan@on.rim.or.jp)
> URL (http://www.on.rim.or.jp/~hidechan)

Hmm... Being a japanese fan of Ranma, your opinions carry (for me at least,
great weight) However, in this little topic, I feel an overwhelming urge
to sink the boot in.

To sugges that Ranma and Akane have a sibling relationship is to imply that
everything that has happened in the entire series has been misconstrued
and interpreted incorrectly. From the final story (if no other) it is
clear that while Ranma would never really admit it, he did have some sort
of romantic (love?) feelings for Akane. Now either he's kinkier than we
thought, or there is no sibling thing happening at all. It's an interesting
thought, but there is too much proof of another sort of relationship to
seriously inply a plutonic brother/sister relationship.

P-word.

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited