Re: Ranma 1/2 Battle Rennaisance

to ranma-tmp@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from "Yung (William) Wong" <ywong01@barney.poly.edu>
subject Re: Ranma 1/2 Battle Rennaisance
date Mon, 3 Jun 1996 20:32:18 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 3 Jun 1996 ucchan@usagi.jrd.dec-j.co.jp wrote:

> > Well, a Playstation only costs $200 now, at least that's what the
> > ad in Best Buy says.  It might even drop lower if you're lucky!

A price drop past $199 isn't likely.  Sony dropped $100 from the price
just to spite Sega, which incidentally, scrambled to match the price the
next day; after having a SS at $250 for about 10 days. ^o^

> As I've been told by a friend who runs a video game rental store (sell
> anime on the side), there will be a Playstation sold for $250 that
> will have a Japanese-American switch on it to flip back and forth when
> you want to play the animerican PSX gams or the japanese PSX games,
                       ^^^^^
Is this a new game category?  Or just a plug for you-know-who? ^_^;;

> COOL!!

Anyway, this isn't possible unless someone's been able to decode the
country-based ROMs and burn their own ROMs _with_ leads for a
switch.  If they did, it'll probably be either a patent or copyright
violation.

As of now, the "switch" thing is only for the Saturn, illegal (forget
about bringing it in to a store for servicing), can be done for about
$20-50, and if the soldering isn't done right ... time to get a new SS!

I'd rather just get the Black PS.  (darn that P. Evans! ^_^)

> Damn, Do I want a playstation and sit out the possible US release of
> Rayearth for the Sega Saturn,  aaaarrrgggg!!!

From what I've seen in the trade press, Working Designs is, admittedly,
totally americanizing it (names, plot, the works) to leave as little of
the orignal story as possible.

Hey, shouldn't this be on the anime games ML?

> Now Ranma Fighting Renasance(sp?) need finishing moves... hehe...

It still has to be seen if it'll end up being a Zero Divide or that
Sailor Moon "thing".  There's very little chance that it'll be able to
compete with the likes of Tekken, but hey, ya' never know.

Hmm, doesn't say (on that promo banner from v38) who's doing the
programming - unless it's those people who did that jyan-ken game. ^o^

----------
 Yung "William/The Forgotten One/Who?" Wong
(^_^) <gon@catt.poly.edu>-=-<>--<>-=- <ywong01@barney.poly.edu> (;_;)
          For a man to truly understand rejection,
            he must first be ignored by a cat.
           Guess Ranma has no idea what rejection is like.

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs