Ranma 1/2 Hard Battle (SNES)

to Ranma 1/2 ML <ranma-tmp@usagi.jrd.dec.com>
from Miyu <76122.2224@CompuServe.COM>
subject Ranma 1/2 Hard Battle (SNES)
date 03 Jun 96 19:23:51 EDT
On 6/3/96, Don Wang wrote :

>>I bought the SNES game "Ranma 1/2: Hard Battle", then I had to
>>buy the system for it...  for Ranma, it's worth it to buy a new
>>entertainment system just to play Ranma.
>
>	Speaking of Hard Battle, is there even an ending if you pick Happosai?
>I picked him using the code and just fight forever!  There is an ending for
>everyone else, so why doesn't Happosai have an ending?  BTW, is it just me, or
>is that game too easy?  I beat it the very first time I played and even putting

>the diffculty on Red is still easy to beat except maybe when fighting
Ranma-chan
>or Shampoo.

No, I don't think there's an ending for Happosai - I've had the game for a
little over a year now, and I found that if you set Happosai against Pantyhose
Transformed, you'll get a blank screen after you win, and I take it that's the
ending.  He was probably originally made just for the programmers to perfect his
moves & the animation; that's what the code's purpose seemed to be (to me, at
least).  And yes, that game was waaaaayyy too easy; I beat it in the store while
trying it out to see if I wanted to buy it!!  Personally, I think that Shampoo
and Ryoga are harder to beat than Ranma/Ranma-onna, but that's just me. ^_^
(Just for a little nostalgia, that game was what introduced me to Ranma - sad,
isn't it.)  But I'm waiting sort-of patiently for the PSX Ranma game, praying
that it'll be better than Hard Battle (and have Kunou Tatewaki, and dare I hope,
Kunou Kodachi in it), and hoping that it'll be translated - by the way, does
anyone know if that PSX that switches between Japanese and US version will be
sold in the US anytime soon? (I'm buying a PSX in a few weeks and don't want to
get gypped on the version.)  Thanks a bunch.

==Miyu==
Disciple of King Ryu-oh & Kunou Kodachi
".....because Akane's MY fiancee!!"
76122.2224@CompuServe.com