Re: El Hazard / Ranma

to Ranma 1/2 ML <ranma-tmp@usagi.jrd.dec.com>
from "Kevin Lew -- 'The Lai-Lai Boy'" <kasumi@eden.com>
subject Re: El Hazard / Ranma
date Sun, 2 Jun 1996 11:34:36 -0500 (CDT)
> From: Eric Baker <ebaker@wormhole.map.com>

(snip)
> When Jinnai is going
> off to the deep end he is thinking of a number of instances when Makoto has
> one-upped him. In one of them Makoto grabs the last sandwich just before
> Jinnai was about grab it. It reminded me of the history of Ranma and Ryoga
> in Junior High. I'm curious if that was an intentional reference. Any ideas?

I really doubt that Pioneer would want to copy a joke from Shogakukan.
Maybe they would.  *shrug*

From my understanding, meals are pretty competitive in Japanese schools.
And, they do serve "pan" (bread) as a meal sometimes.  Ranma and El Hazard
have made a gag out of it.

--Kev

As a slightly unrelated note, I found out that I like female Chojin.  To
me, there's not a better babe than one that wants to blow up the world.
Ifurita, what a babe!  (Actually, I think her name was really supposed to
be spelled "Efreeta", or however you spell that demon's name).

And Sailor Saturn is sugoi!  And how 'bout Inoue Kikuko's role as the Evil
Blonde Alien in that submarine show?  You know the one, right?  ^_-

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs