"Kempo and Kendo and Tendo"

to Ranma 1/2 ML <ranma-tmp@usagi.jrd.dec.com>
from "Kevin Lew -- 'The Lai-Lai Boy'" <kasumi@eden.com>
subject "Kempo and Kendo and Tendo"
date Sat, 1 Jun 1996 07:46:12 -0500 (CDT)
> From: Ferquin N C Root <fncr@u.washington.edu>
> Subject: Re: ranma ML 1 hour matome okuri
>
> > ObRanma : I was confused by recently seeing some Viz promotional artwork
> > with onna-Ranma, Shampoo and Akane on it, with the header "Kempo,
> > Kendo and Tendo".
>
> OOOH!  Where's this?  Is it a poster or something?  Where can I get it?
> This sounds like it looks really cool.  Someone tell me!

It's from the *old* Ranma merchandise.  They don't even print it anymore
in Japan.  IMSO, it was the best description using the fewest words for
the entire Ranma 1/2 series.  The entire premise, quoted exactly, is:
   "The Saotome father and son, Genma and Ranma, returned from their trip
for the purpose of the knowledge of musha in China.  However, at the Tendo
house where they were staying appeared a Giant Panda, and a girl who
claims to be called Ranma!  Love and tears, Kempo and Kendo and Tendo,
Panda and human and man and woman are pitted against each other!"

Just FYI, Urusei Yatsura is the same thing.  The premise for the show is
(quoted exactly):
   "Ataru, a son of the Moroboshi family: he manages to do anything for
charming girls, but the unhappy happening are always around him.  This is
a fantastic comedy that Ataru and his wife Lum, an invador from space,
cause excitement from their neighbors."

--Kev

NOTE:  To find products with these full quotes on them is pretty tough.
Many individuals will say, "Oh, I have them!"  But, they usually don't
mean the entire quote, but just some bit or piece of it.

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs