Re: [Almost Ranma] Anime eye sizes

to ranma@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Chris Rijk <cpr1@doc.ic.ac.uk>
subject Re: [Almost Ranma] Anime eye sizes
date Wed, 1 May 1996 18:52:27 +0100
Kevin Lew -- 'The Lai-Lai Boy' <kasumi@eden.com> wrote:
>Why do non-Japanese in anime look sometimes MORE "Asian" than the
>others.  For instance, Kanuka Clancy in Patlabor is a Japanese-American
>(half-Japanese).  However, her eyes are drawn more Asian-like than the
>others.  This is an old question, but I don't remember if anybody has
>ever answered it.

Only thing that comes to mind is that it makes them look more foreign.

"Hey, a babe from the US is comming today. Oh, there she is!!
Hmm, she looks just like us."  *walks off*

>   Somebody mentioned that hair color and personality were related.  I've
>always thought this was true, but I can't get enough evidence to support it.
I don't remember anyone ever saying stuff about hair colour in general
relating to personality, but red-heads are more likely to be more gutsy/
spirited/whatever....in literature.
Well, there is the 'dumb blond' thing as well.

--
+- Chris Rijk  cpr1@doc.ic.ac.uk  http://www.soton.ac.uk/~jar/c/RanmaFAQ/ -+
| Dictionary of Alternative Meanings: punctuality                          |

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs