RE: [Almost Ranma] Anime eye sizes

from Neill Walker <walkersp@oanet.com>
subject RE: [Almost Ranma] Anime eye sizes
date Wed, 1 May 1996 11:12:33 -0600
Kevin Lew -- 'The Lai-Lai Boy'[SMTP:kasumi@eden.com] wrote:
>Since we are talking about how Japanese do/don't look like Americans, =
can=20
>somebody answer a stupid question for me?
>
>Why do non-Japanese in anime look sometimes MORE "Asian" than the=20
>others.  For instance, Kanuka Clancy in Patlabor is a Japanese-American =

>(half-Japanese).  However, her eyes are drawn more Asian-like than the=20
>others.  This is an old question, but I don't remember if anybody has=20
>ever answered it.
>
>--Kev

Seems to me that small, slantier eyes mean a serious personality.  Most =
evil bosses have small eyes, and they rarely do goofy things like the =
main characters.  When Ms. Clancy came on the scene, she was a real =
threat to the other labor pilots, and she didn't have a wacko =
personality.  Queen Beryl from Sailor Moon is the same way, as are her =
minions...

So whaddaya think of that?
-----
Neill Walker