Re: thanks! (was Re: quick question about anime in general)

to ranma@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Ilsa <sumyee@cycor.ca>
subject Re: thanks! (was Re: quick question about anime in general)
date Wed, 1 May 1996 13:19:23 -0300
You're welcome!  The OAV, Akane and her Sisters, is very
inaccurate about a lot of things.  Like Akane's fighting
ability and Ukyou's behaviour.  Ukyou is not only Ranma's
"cute" fiancee but the "smartest" (least violent).  Her
methods of winning Ranma over are usually non-physical.
i.e. Get Akane to go on a date with Ryouga.  I don't
believe she will ever hurt Akane for the following reasons:
1.  Doesn't work with "Ran-chan".  He's  protective of
all his fiancees (yup, even Kodachi)
2.  Not her style.  We don't need another Shampoo/Kodachi
clone.
3.  She is normal, nice person who will not kill/harm other
people for any reason.
4.  Win Ranma with constant devotion and niceness.  This
seems to work in the extent that she is his "best friend,
Ucchan".
  The people responsible for this OAV, probably just wanted
a cat fight (no pun intended) between Shampoo and Ukyou.
I couldn't believe Ukyou would become violent towards
Akane even if she had an "excuse".  She is also Akane's
friend and would not do so.

--Ilsa, OAA and COR.

At 12:15 AM 01/05/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Well, I have one last question that's been bugging me.  What did RT
>intend Ukyou to really be like?  I've heard people say that she is the
>least violent of Ranma's "fiancees", and she's Ranma's best friend who
>tries to please him, but I'm also heard other people who point out the
>contrary.  For instance, in "Akane and Her Sisters", Ukyou actually tries
>to kill Akane during their "training" session.  If she did succeed in
>killing Akane, she seems smart enough to know that Ranma would probably
>never talk to her again.  I know that the OAVs
>sometimes present things that RT (I'm sorry, I don't know how to spell
>her name, but I'll find out soon enough :) ) never intended, but I'm
>still confused on forming an opinion on her character based on the
>information I have.  I appreciate any comments you have, even if it's
>"Just go get more episodes, dummy!" :).  Take care!
>
>Respectfully,
>
>MIDN Mac O. Quidem
>United States Naval Academy
>
>Note:  Please forgive my ignorance on these things.  I really enjoy
>Ranma, and I just want to get a better understanding of the characters
>and their motives (if that's even possible :) ).

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs